Page 1 of 1
Posted: 24 Jul 2009, 22:40
chriselston
I recently discovered this after reading the revolt forum for quite a while. This trick will allow you to get more than 12 cars into your races in revolt.

"Tools Needed"
-Cheat Engine (can be found by clicking here. Use the latest version.)
-Re-Volt (any version)
*TIP: You should back up all your revolt system files before doing this. I didn't, because I know what I'm doing.

Pictures will be posted for easier instructions.

1. Open Cheat Engine.
2. Open up revolt, go to options, game, and set the cars to 2. use Alt+Tab to switch between windows.
3. Switch back to Cheat Engine, then open up the process selector, and select
REVOLT.EXE

4. Select the "Value" entry box and type in 2. Leave all other settings alone. Push Enter.

5. Go back to Re-Volt and change the cars number to 12.

6. Go back to Cheat Engine and find the address 0084CD04 and value 12. This the cars value. Click the red arrow to attach the value to the editing box.

7. Go back to Re-Volt and press Escape to back out of the menu.

*WARNING: You MUST back out of the menu or the game will crash.

8. Go back to Cheat Engine and double click the number value "12" Set to any value you wish.

9. The result in the options menu.

10. Start the game!

Notes: This worked perfectly for me, if you have any notes please post below.

Enjoy, cheater... !

Posted: 24 Jul 2009, 23:20
miromiro
Well I tried with 20 cars because 30 is too much for me.
But the graphics got crazy. why ? see :

Posted: 24 Jul 2009, 23:58
chriselston
That's quite a funny looking picture. I have no idea. My graphics came out clear. What is your video card?

Posted: 25 Jul 2009, 00:01
miromiro
I don't use video card. I made picture with Print Screent + Ctrl.

Posted: 25 Jul 2009, 00:55
chriselston
Same thing I did too. But what is your video card. This may be your problem.

Posted: 25 Jul 2009, 07:21
zipperrulez
Epic. Thanks man

Posted: 25 Jul 2009, 07:21
Aeon
Sounds neat, although I'd be much more impressed if someone would just hack the Re-Volt.exe and change the maximum car limit. Then we wouldn't have to bother running a separate program every time we want to change it.

Are there any peculiarities when running more than 12 cars?

Posted: 27 Jul 2009, 02:50
chriselston
It appears to me that revolt is not written in binary code. So I can't translate the value limiter when revolt.exe is loaded onto memory. I'll find a workaround for it.

@miro:
Your video card may not support simultaneous polygons for the revolt engine. I have received an error relating to this on a desktop with SiS graphics.

Posted: 27 Jul 2009, 07:55
zipperrulez
miro's pic looks like it was mapped to diffrent bmp's in the frontend folder... i think i see a little rc bandit there too :P

Posted: 27 Jul 2009, 11:07
miromiro
Well I played with 20 cars on Toy World 1 and that I saw.
All cars colors and track graphics are crazy and I don't know why.

Posted: 27 Jul 2009, 19:56
KDL
too easy
The Re-Volt game engine can only load 26 (a~z) bitmaps
the cars (12) + tracks (10) + models, fxpages etc... (4)

in fact, if there are some 100 cars with the same bmp, it won't be a problem for Re-Volt to load all of them

Posted: 28 Jul 2009, 02:42
zipperrulez
makes sense now that you say it :P

Posted: 29 Jul 2009, 22:32
human
interesting stuff chris,
all the above written mean that with the random cars option switched on, we can race with 30 toyecas for example without having any problems with the bitmaps. can be a cool effect on a long/wide track.

Posted: 29 Jul 2009, 23:18
zipperrulez
if you wanted to race 30 toyecas why not just change the wincar4 folder to toyeca then race in clockwork carnage?

Posted: 29 Jul 2009, 23:22
miromiro
lol yes , I made that with MONSTER T.D.T GT1 ! :o
crazy game was :)

Posted: 30 Jul 2009, 02:11
Aylown
Can this be used in multiplayer?

Via IP,for exemple...

Posted: 31 Jul 2009, 02:32
Piereligio
miromiro @ Jul 24 2009, 07:50 PM wrote: Well I tried with 20 cars because 30 is too much for me.
But the graphics got crazy. why ? see :

I've this problem too.

Posted: 13 Aug 2009, 06:57
chriselston
Hmm, I don't see what could be possibly the problem. I have no doubts in the engine though. Post your pc specs and I will make good observations...

Posted: 13 Aug 2009, 14:33
KDL
Piereligio, read my post above...
= WILL NEVER HAPPENED :(

Posted: 13 Aug 2009, 15:04
nero
Try it out with tracks that use less bitmaps like TrackMK tracks or something...
That do'nt work either... :(
Cant we hack the number of bitmaps Re-Volt uses?
I tryed with Cheat Engine,but there were a lot of 26 numbers... :(
Sorry... ;)

Posted: 13 Aug 2009, 20:23
arto
Aylown @ Jul 29 2009, 09:41 PM wrote: Can this be used in multiplayer?

Via IP,for exemple...
Via IP or via from game launched from RV House too probably.

Posted: 13 Aug 2009, 20:39
nero
Na,thats not possible...since ya can max. have 8 cars via RV House...it would be possible cuz all people use the same car anyway. :P
And via IP...yes,it's possible,if all people use the same car!

Posted: 13 Aug 2009, 21:33
arto
nero @ Aug 13 2009, 04:09 PM wrote: Na,thats not possible...since ya can max. have 8 cars via RV House...it would be possible cuz all people use the same car anyway. :P
I'm sorry, but I disagree with you.

Posted: 13 Aug 2009, 22:18
nero
arto @ Aug 13 2009, 05:03 PM wrote:
nero @ Aug 13 2009, 04:09 PM wrote: Na,thats not possible...since ya can max. have 8 cars via RV House...it would be possible cuz all people use the same car anyway. :P
I'm sorry, but I disagree with you.
Why?
Oh yeah...Cuz each player loads there own Toyeca,so It will be 26+ no matter what you do... ;)
Thanks for the wake-up call Arto.

Nero

Posted: 14 Aug 2009, 00:16
KDL
nero @ Aug 13 2009, 10:34 AM wrote: Try it out with tracks that use less bitmaps like TrackMK tracks or something...
Sorry... ;)
ROFL xD

you'll need to kill every directx 6.x code and change it into DirectX 9.0 code, that's in ASM language (you'll need to order the inside pc pieces one by one ;) )

good luck

Posted: 14 Aug 2009, 00:38
nero
KDL @ Aug 13 2009, 07:46 PM wrote:
nero @ Aug 13 2009, 10:34 AM wrote: Try it out with tracks that use less bitmaps like TrackMK tracks or something...
Sorry... ;)
ROFL xD

you'll need to kill every directx 6.x code and change it into DirectX 9.0 code, that's in ASM language (you'll need to order the inside pc pieces one by one ;) )

good luck
WTF!

I have no talent when it comes to these stuff! :(

Posted: 14 Aug 2009, 19:56
chriselston
He he. Luckily I do. I even slapped on DirectX 10 on my Windows XP PC. :D :D :D

Compiling code will have to take some time for me. If I manage to hit the nail with the hammer, I may submit a patch! :o

Something like this takes time. LOTS and LOTS and LOTS of time..... <_<

Posted: 18 Aug 2009, 01:45
Piereligio
It works but the textures.....

Posted: 16 Oct 2009, 02:42
Dave-o-rama
judging by the earlier posts in this topic (and staring at lots of loading screens), when Re-volt loads a level, it loads the actual track, textures and all, before it loads the cars that will be racing it. so the textures will always be there properly, and that's why this problem and others like it get dumped off and the cars. (to avoid this, maybe someone can make a car that doesn't use a bitmap file for textures, then everyone can race that.

Posted: 16 Oct 2009, 04:02
zipperrulez
someone with max could do that with vertex painting but it wouldnt be very detailed i think.

Posted: 16 Oct 2009, 14:04
urnemanden
Re-Volt has always had problems loading cars with vertex colors. That's why there ain't a car only using vertex colors yet.

Posted: 02 Jun 2010, 18:26
f4540172
Hi all !

Im new member here

I made a trianer it can make 26~28 AI

Watch my post ! Here :)

Hope u guys like it ! :P

Posted: 28 Aug 2010, 06:07
Abc
chriselston @ Aug 14 2009, 03:26 PM wrote: He he. Luckily I do. I even slapped on DirectX 10 on my Windows XP PC. :D :D :D

Compiling code will have to take some time for me. If I manage to hit the nail with the hammer, I may submit a patch! :o

Something like this takes time. LOTS and LOTS and LOTS of time..... <_<
and dx11?