Hey guys I want to play online Re-Volt.
How can I do that ?

Posted: 16 Jul 2009, 15:04
miromiro
Well you can use RV House (click on it)
Hope to see you there. :D

Posted: 16 Jul 2009, 15:12
urnemanden
Just dload RV House using the link in miros post, turn your firewall off, eventually turn the anti-virus off too, and be sure that the required revolt ports is opened in your router if you have one.

Posted: 16 Jul 2009, 15:19
Guta
Well I haven't a router .
I can race without a router too ?

Posted: 16 Jul 2009, 15:39
urnemanden
yes as long as your firewall is turned off.

Posted: 16 Jul 2009, 23:44
zipperrulez
no router means less problems.

Posted: 25 Jul 2009, 23:29
Guta
okay guys . thx for helping me :D

Posted: 09 Apr 2012, 04:55
makyyyyy
I have problem when I try to play online using RV House. I keep getting error 'could not launch Re-volt'
I have 1:1 copy of original game installed. After installation I installed patch 1207 and I run the game offline, then I quit the game. After that I installed 1.2 latest stable patch and tested game, it worked perfectly. But when I try to play it online, I keep getting that error I mentioned above. I don't think it is a firewall or router problem because it should at least launch game, I even shut down the firewall and still the same..

I am using x64 win 7 btw..

Posted: 09 Apr 2012, 05:09
urnemanden
makyyy: it sounds like you are not running RV House as administrator. Have you tried that? Also make sure that you have the latest Re-Volt 1.2 alpha patch (12.0405). You should be fine then. :)

Posted: 09 Apr 2012, 05:20
makyyyyy
It works now

TY :D

Posted: 09 Apr 2012, 06:12
Phantom
maky, you're still brown to me in RV House. Please check your Router Settings.

Ports to open are:
2300-2400 TCP&UDP
47624 TCP&UDP

All forwarded to your PC's Internal IP Address.
Welcome to RV House. :)

Posted: 09 Apr 2012, 19:50
makyyyyy
Yes I port forwarded it like u wrote, waiting for someone to help me test..

Posted: 10 Apr 2012, 02:27
makyyyyy
really strange.. few guys tried to help me today but still cant connect.. all ports set up correctly, firewall and antivirus disabled, everything ran as admin and still dont want to join.. :unsure:

Posted: 10 Apr 2012, 03:39
Dave-o-rama
makyyyyy @ Apr 9 2012, 04:57 PM wrote: really strange.. few guys tried to help me today but still cant connect.. all ports set up correctly, firewall and antivirus disabled, everything ran as admin and still dont want to join.. :unsure:
It's possible that the issue is on their end.

Posted: 10 Apr 2012, 04:48
makyyyyy
I don't think it is because I tried in more then 5 rooms where other people played just fine.. I think its some option I need to adjust in my router but I dont know what it is.. I opened ports, i put correct IP, and I disabled firewall inside router options..

Posted: 10 Apr 2012, 13:00
urnemanden
Have you tried checking your ports with PFPortChecker? Would be interesting to see exactly what ports are not open. You could for example try:

2301 TCP
2301 UDP
47624 TCP

Posted: 10 Apr 2012, 14:22
MythicMonkey
Is it really necessary to turn off your firewall? Can't you just set your firewall to allow RV House? That seems like an incredibly dangerous practice to just turn it off.

Posted: 10 Apr 2012, 19:37
makyyyyy
PFPortChecker reported that ports are opened, however I also got Ping Result, which seems not to be good:

Code: Select all

We were not able to ping your router
So how can I fix that?

Posted: 10 Apr 2012, 20:11
VaiDuX461
Try to enable DMZ host if your router have this function, with this you won't need to open ports.

When I first wanted to play rv online I had problems with ports, but thing was that given ports table from rvhouse net page were wrong for my router, but somehow I found a way. Tried to move ports lines from other to another places until I got it, but now I use DMZ host, it's much simpler than writing those damn ports ;) .

Oh, also don't forget to set ip address near DMZ in router settings (it works for only 1 pc, atleast for me), if you're going to use it.

Posted: 10 Apr 2012, 21:22
makyyyyy
Thanks for reply, I didn't do anything and today it works lol :lol:

Posted: 10 Apr 2012, 23:38
nero
MythicMonkey @ Apr 10 2012, 09:52 AM wrote: Is it really necessary to turn off your firewall? Can't you just set your firewall to allow RV House? That seems like an incredibly dangerous practice to just turn it off.
Windows firewall is useless.

Posted: 11 Apr 2012, 06:34
MythicMonkey
I use ZoneAlarm Pro. I guess I'll just let people decide for themselves if that is an acceptable risk. :)

Posted: 11 Apr 2012, 08:23
Phantom
MythicMonkey @ Apr 10 2012, 05:52 AM wrote: Is it really necessary to turn off your firewall? Can't you just set your firewall to allow RV House? That seems like an incredibly dangerous practice to just turn it off.
No, it's not necessary to turn off the firewall.
Making rules that allow conection for Re-Volt and RV House in your Firewall settings is your safest choice.

Posted: 11 Apr 2012, 12:45
MythicMonkey
With Zone Alarm every time a program wants to access the internet or act as a server I get a popup asking me if I want to allow it. You can choose to allow the connection once or check the box to allow it all the time. It's really pretty easy and user-friendly.

So my humble recommendation to others is to do the same. This lets you use RV House or whatever other application you want and still be protected. Just an option. :)

Posted: 11 Apr 2012, 13:20
urnemanden
@MythicMonkey: Usually disabling the firewall is recommended only while testing your connection and try to connect for the first time. The reason for this is that there are various firewalls out there and some are more complicated than others. Even if Re-Volt is allowed through the firewall, the firewall might still block the ports (2300-2400 TCP/UDP & 47624 TCP) which Re-Volt requires for example. It is hard to guide users through allowing these ports if they have never tried that before.

That said I agree with you - disabling the firewall permanently is a security risk. Even more when you activate DMZ (Demilitarized Zone) as suggested by VaiDuX461. All ports will then be open, incomming and outcomming for a given local IP adress. I would still suggest that makyyyyy try this though - if it works it is very likely that something was wrong with the port forwarding previously and we can then narrow down the root of the problems he have with playing online.

Posted: 11 Apr 2012, 15:16
MythicMonkey
That's cool. I just think it's a good idea to tell people all of that instead of just telling them to turn off the firewall. :D