Page 1 of 2
Posted: 18 Apr 2009, 19:04
revoltkid
hey
i just realized that RVZT is down again :(
it was about about a half an hour ago but now it is down

Posted: 18 Apr 2009, 19:10
zagames
yeah, it's still down. I think speedweek.net has something to do with it.

Posted: 19 Apr 2009, 00:46
zipperrulez
yeah i was just about to make a topic for this

Posted: 19 Apr 2009, 15:39
arto
Damn :(

Posted: 19 Apr 2009, 23:41
rickyd
:unsure: Hay are you guys going to fix RVZT?
I hope so there are lots of new stuff coming soon.
Let us know what is going on.

Posted: 19 Apr 2009, 23:47
hilaire9
Someone forget to pay the bill?

Posted: 20 Apr 2009, 13:50
arto
hilaire9 @ Apr 19 2009, 07:17 PM wrote: Someone forget to pay the bill?
I think so, this same thing happened exactly one year ago too.

Posted: 20 Apr 2009, 18:19
Piereligio
Damn :angry:

Posted: 24 Apr 2009, 21:16
revoltkid
:( :( :( :( :(

Posted: 24 Apr 2009, 23:45
Adamodell
I care, yet I don't. Maybe it's because I didn't lay my trust in RVZT completely, but I used it as my secondary place to release things. Yeah, I remember the last time this happened. I'd just sit it out if I were you. If it is lost permanently, it's just one hell of a loss. I have a feeling it will be back in a week or two though.

Posted: 25 Apr 2009, 01:03
Dave-o-rama
bummer, dude.
i actually had stuff i was going to put on today, too...

Posted: 25 Apr 2009, 03:36
urnemanden
Well, I hope that RVZT will come up soon, if not I won't be able to release my first track made in 3ds max. :/

Posted: 25 Apr 2009, 21:34
zagames
Arto, do you want to give it another week and if it doesn't come back up, maybe move the site over to another host?

Posted: 25 Apr 2009, 23:52
arto
Yeah I'm giving it a bit time, it took some weeks last time too.

Posted: 26 Apr 2009, 00:22
zagames
If that's what it comes down to, I got plenty of room on the server I use. And, I''ll make my next payment in June for 2010. :P

Posted: 26 Apr 2009, 04:36
Killer Wheels
Just my little add there, I hope you Arto (or other webmasters) will not think I'd like to "beat your website" or something else :)
Well, if you do, that wasn't expected... Sorry. :ph43r:

So if some people are searching some other places to upload custom content, you can do it here : Nawakiwi

The website need a bit more work, there is no English part but it is planed and on its way !

Custom content need to be well finished before it is admitted, but I'll try to help everyone to reach a minimum limit. If you are interested.

Thank you for reading ! :)

Greetings,

KW

Posted: 26 Apr 2009, 15:10
arto
Thanks Zach, we'll see what happens!

And KW I don't mind at all. I think it'd be good to have more than RVZT for RV creations. Having only one place is not healthy. Oh, the site looks very nice! Hope to see english version soon.

Posted: 26 Apr 2009, 23:52
Crone94
Killer Wheels @ Apr 26 2009, 12:06 AM wrote: Just my little add there, I hope you Arto (or other webmasters) will not think I'd like to "beat your website" or something else :)
Well, if you do, that wasn't expected... Sorry. :ph43r:

So if some people are searching some other places to upload custom content, you can do it here : Nawakiwi

The website need a bit more work, there is no English part but it is planed and on its way !

Custom content need to be well finished before it is admitted, but I'll try to help everyone to reach a minimum limit. If you are interested.

Thank you for reading ! :)

Greetings,

KW
Very nice site, has a smooth design and i like the way pictures change and the fact that they're bigger than 256x256. Just work on an english version and it would be great :)

Posted: 27 Apr 2009, 00:09
Manmountain
Killer Wheels @ Apr 26 2009, 12:06 AM wrote:Custom content need to be well finished before it is admitted, but I'll try to help everyone to reach a minimum limit. If you are interested.
Good luck on that aspect, it's something I've been trying to push for a while now.

If you need any English Moderator's just ask. ;)
I might say yes. :P

Posted: 27 Apr 2009, 03:22
Killer Wheels
Manmountain @ Apr 26 2009, 07:39 PM wrote: If you need any English Moderator's just ask. ;)
I might say yes. :P
Thank you manmountain. Any help is welcome.

I need to work a little more on it before I can start translating.

Thanks for positive comments to everyone, it's very encouraging.
Well... You can post negative ones though. :P

Greetings,

KW

Posted: 27 Apr 2009, 04:38
human
hey kiwi,

the site is cool.
the unreal tournament maps look amazing, the lighting looks just perfect, would they be convertible for revolt? im sure people would just love them if a good racing line was achievable.

Posted: 27 Apr 2009, 11:21
rickyd
Im making a website.
I want a place to post my tracks and other tracks I like.
I want to take track and car submissions for all to share.
This site is not going to be a rvzt site just a small site
with fun stuff. ;)
The idea is to keep re-volt alive.
And I dont know what im doing.
See www.rvlz.synthasite.com
To see what im trying to do.
Love ya! :blink:

Posted: 27 Apr 2009, 16:21
jaseaka
nice website title! hey, i had a synthasite page last year

Posted: 27 Apr 2009, 17:04
Piereligio
I hope that RVZT reborn... I don't want other site... because we have to restart all...
And RVZT is famous...

Posted: 27 Apr 2009, 23:12
Aeon
Mmmm. AMCO Paved... Me likes. Not sure what's up with the funky farce fields everywhere though, and rain plus blue sky?

Posted: 28 Apr 2009, 02:35
Killer Wheels
Well...

"Funky farce fields" : that's right. But it works quite fine : you can now slip into grass without being replaced and you still can't take "turns shorcuts".

"Rain and Blue sky" ? Yeah. That's because of the country... It's something like a "french joke" about Brittany. Enjoy the beautiful weather. :)

Posted: 28 Apr 2009, 06:06
human
weather here in edinburgh is not bad at all, i actually prefer scottish weather to hungarian.

so are those tracks convertible monsieur kiwi?

Posted: 29 Apr 2009, 03:27
Killer Wheels
They aren't, Mr. Human.

The RV engine uses 3D meshes and a few (small !) textures.
The Unreal Engine (1.0/2.0) uses BSP and a lot of quite big textures.
The Unreal Engine (3.0) uses BSP, terrain and 3D meshes with shaders.
I think I don't have to explain why it isn't possible using the last Unreal Engine.

I've made a "Re-Volt map" for UT99 though, so it is possible to make a track that looks like an Unreal map.
Check out Nhood Grimm, for example. ;)

But another UT style track would be great. I think you can try to do that too, hmm ? :P
That's not a bad idea...

Posted: 29 Apr 2009, 05:10
human
thanks kiwi,

well, yes, i thought that its not possible.

i mean 256x256 is so small...

but lets not go off topic...

Posted: 29 Apr 2009, 19:09
nero
Damn it...
I was about to upload my next track but it's down.
Guess i'll have to wait a little longer. :(

Posted: 30 Apr 2009, 00:57
APM
Sorry to hear about this. =\
Hope you guys fix it soon enough. RVZT can be considered the essence of Re-Volt's extended lifespan... but, if this has happened before, I trust it can be fixed again.
Salutations,
Amps

Posted: 30 Apr 2009, 17:01
miromiro
yes that's true
RVZT is down
and I hope it does
be Ok in maybe
two or three weeks
because.....

Posted: 30 Apr 2009, 22:50
urnemanden
Maybe the guy or girl who is owning this domain is getting his pay at the 1st May. :)

Posted: 01 May 2009, 18:08
Piereligio
urnemanden @ Apr 30 2009, 07:20 PM wrote: Maybe the guy or girl who is owning this domain is getting his pay at the 1st May. :)
Really??!!?! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted: 02 May 2009, 07:42
revoltkid
Piereligio @ May 1 2009, 01:38 PM wrote:
urnemanden @ Apr 30 2009, 07:20 PM wrote: Maybe the guy or girl who is owning this domain is getting his pay at the 1st May. :)
Really??!!?! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lol that was a joke dude

Posted: 02 May 2009, 12:19
miromiro
lol see?
RVZT make us to
make jokes about
that site and this is
really good because
we begin to be happy
because we know it
does be ok! :)

Posted: 03 May 2009, 02:02
arto
I e-mailed the owner of speedweek.net domain. So hopefully, if his e-mail is still active, I should get some information when it can be expected to be up again.

Posted: 03 May 2009, 12:31
miromiro
hmmmmmm........
A good idea Arto
but maybe they
aren't new infos
about speedweek.net
but let's hope your
action help

Posted: 03 May 2009, 18:30
arto
Wise words miro.

Posted: 03 May 2009, 19:09
miromiro
let's hope arto
let's hope

Posted: 04 May 2009, 01:10
Piereligio
revoltkid @ May 2 2009, 04:12 AM wrote:
Piereligio @ May 1 2009, 01:38 PM wrote:
lol that was a joke dude
D'oh!

Posted: 04 May 2009, 16:42
miromiro
lol Piereligio
sound like a joke
revoltkid made a joke! :lol:

Posted: 04 May 2009, 18:16
urnemanden
urnemanden @ Apr 30 2009, 06:20 PM wrote: Maybe the guy or girl who is owning this domain is getting his pay at the 1st May. :)
Not exactly a joke, but more like a hope for rvzt to be back up again. ;)

Posted: 12 May 2009, 02:09
Manmountain
It's been over 3 weeks now, is there any light at the end of the tunnel ?

RVZT is a major hub of the RV community, we need this back up soon, or something very much like it.

:( :unsure:

Posted: 12 May 2009, 03:14
zagames
I just renewed my domain, and I don't have a lot of money floating around or I would re-register speedweek. Send me an email Arto if you want to consider moving the website. I'm not sure if you can still access the speedweek FTP, or if we might end up losing a few months of updates, I'm sure that would be fine though. A small price to pay. I would also be willing to do a little work to get everything working good. Let me know,
Zach

Posted: 12 May 2009, 10:43
urnemanden
I was also considering buying the domain 'rvzt.net', but was unsure how many GB space arto need for storing everything. 10GB + Upgraded Mediafire account might do it?

Posted: 12 May 2009, 17:07
Killer Wheels
Hi,

Even if I can't move RVZT accounts you can use my website.
It's fully functionnal and it's about the same to upload cars and tracks.
Everything is welcome, altough the minimum requirements for cars and tracks will be higher than on RVZT. But it could be a great challenge for cars & tracks makers.
I have many of the community RV tracks and I can upload best ones too.

The only thing you have to do is to register here, then use the upload form.
(Look on the header, it is still named "Envoyer une création" because I didn't make an English version yet.)

Then you will be able to use the forum if you have any questions, also grade cars/tracks, write comments...

Greetings,

KW

Posted: 13 May 2009, 07:01
zagames
I've got 1000 GB of hosting space. lol. And surely I won't use much of that up on my website.

Posted: 17 May 2009, 20:28
miromiro
Manmountain @ May 11 2009, 09:39 PM wrote: It's been over 3 weeks now, is there any light at the end of the tunnel ?

RVZT is a major hub of the RV community, we need this back up soon, or something very much like it.

:( :unsure:
I think tomorrow
RVZT must to be
up or all the good
time are lost forever but
is good because you and
Sjampo have all the creations
and can send to us! :)

Posted: 18 May 2009, 13:23
Aeon
Ugh, I feel as though this game is shriveling up and preparing to die without any RVZT... That was half of the Re-Volt world that I visited. :P