Page 1 of 1
Posted: 18 Apr 2009, 09:09
zagames
For those of you who wish to build tracks and cars for free, legally, we have a solution! Thanks to Gaming4JC (RRR Member), we now have something that will make it work. He found an ASE exporter for Unreal, and sent it to me to modify for Re-Volt. I am proud to announce that everything is working excellent except for surface properties (materials, vertex colors, etc). When I get the surface properties set up, everyone will be able to build tracks and cars for free (Legally!). My advice to you guys is to download Blender from http://blender.org and get to practicing so you all can finish some tracks by the time this script is released. Later,
Zach

Posted: 18 Apr 2009, 15:53
Crone94
Sounds great, keep working on it. Wish i could make something for revolt ;p

Posted: 18 Apr 2009, 17:03
Killer Wheels
Hi hot people !

I'm very interested about this... Although I don't know how works Blender I'm writing tutorials for everyone to start making real extreme tracks/cars using 3D softs. I'd be glad if someone is interested to help me adding a Blender tutorial for Re-Volt, or simply help me translating (Fr->En). If so, just answer here.

Greetings. ;)

KW

Posted: 19 Apr 2009, 09:54
zipperrulez
Killer Wheels @ Apr 18 2009, 12:33 PM wrote: Hi hot people !
lol...

this is cool, but im not legal anyways -.-
i already got 3dsmax.... so... well this is good anyway.

Posted: 20 Apr 2009, 09:43
human
it sounds great,
thanks zach for your work.

Posted: 20 Apr 2009, 17:39
zagames
Ok. Surface properties are being really difficult to establish. In 3DS Max, there are a set of buttons. The problem with blender, is that I haven't found anything to use to set these properties. Any suggestions? We might have to find/make some sort of plugin for Blender. Thanks,
Zach

P.S - I know that most of you already have 3DS Max, and yes, it is much easier to use. But, my hope is to get the newbies started and switch over some of the older guys. To help avoid any issues if the Feds find us. :P

Posted: 23 Apr 2009, 21:10
rickyd
This program is tooooo complicated.
I downloaded it and it is tuff.
Looks cool but I couldn't even make a box.
The program looks like it can do lots of 3d
stuff if you can figure it out.

More power to you buddy! :blink:

Posted: 24 Apr 2009, 00:30
Piereligio
rickyd @ Apr 23 2009, 05:40 PM wrote: This program is tooooo complicated.
I downloaded it and it is tuff.
Looks cool but I couldn't even make a box.
The program looks like it can do lots of 3d
stuff if you can figure it out.

More power to you buddy! :blink:
It's true what you say.
It's complicate.

Posted: 24 Apr 2009, 06:38
zagames
Actually, the program is very simple, and lacks many of the advanced tools 'needed' for track making. The problem is the poor design. I think a thread could be started to allow people to post ways they found how to do something in blender. To help the community out. To start, I created a 'plane' mesh. Change from Object Mode to Edit Mode. Select a vertex (right click(stupid)) and press 'N' on the keyboard. It shows the coordinates of the selected vertex. Then set these to your given values. Keep in mind that a lego piece in track editor is approximately 1000 x 1000 units. I create a plane 500 x 500 (-250 -> +250). Duplicate it, I think Shift+D in Object Mode. Move it where you want it (I suggest setting it to Snap to position). You can join the objects, and finally 'remove double vertexes'? Something like that to 'weld' the vertexes together.
Good luck! :P

Posted: 25 Apr 2009, 12:49
Aeon
Blender is weird because I find that my fingers know how to do things that my mind doesn't. Its like how you can type fast, but if you stop and think about where a particular key is it takes a lot longer. My fingers are trained on how to do certain things in Blender, especially in the area of manipulating meshes, but I couldn't tell you how I do it. :P

Posted: 25 Apr 2009, 18:21
zagames
Heh, that's exactly how I work. I had to check everything in my last post to make sure it was right. lol