Page 1 of 1
Posted: 28 Mar 2009, 21:54
zagames
As some of you may know, I am working on a mod for RV. I began working on some custom models using skinduptruck's hul editor and now I have a problem. Trying to make collision with these new objects similar to real-life, I began to modify the physics settings of these models in the re-volt engine. I have a large object, a hay-bale to be exact, and it has a jumping problem. Once it is touched, the object begins to hop along the ground for several seconds before settling. Any suggestions? I am sure it's similar to cars, for those of you who know what I mean. Thanks,
Zach

Posted: 28 Mar 2009, 22:17
miromiro
you work for an other car?

Posted: 29 Mar 2009, 01:18
Dave-o-rama
change the gravity setting on the wheels and body to 2200. That should work.

Posted: 29 Mar 2009, 01:41
jaseaka
sounds funny. maybe u can make bunny rabbit that hops along

Posted: 29 Mar 2009, 18:35
Manmountain
zagames @ Mar 28 2009, 05:24 PM wrote: As some of you may know, I am working on a mod for RV. I began working on some custom models using skinduptruck's hul editor and now I have a problem. Trying to make collision with these new objects similar to real-life, I began to modify the physics settings of these models in the re-volt engine. I have a large object, a hay-bale to be exact, and it has a jumping problem. Once it is touched, the object begins to hop along the ground for several seconds before settling. Any suggestions? I am sure it's similar to cars, for those of you who know what I mean. Thanks,
Zach
Are these model's been placed in the game as cars or actual replacement for original models ?
If original models, then they might be using the in game physics set out for that original model, say you changed you hay bail instead of the beach ball, your model would react as the beach ball, yes ?

Posted: 29 Mar 2009, 18:58
zagames
Correct. In actuality, I replaced the ABC Block. I then compared physics info from the source to hex editing from the revolt.exe. I know what to change, and I started playing with it. That's when the jumping issue began. The model acts fine with the original ABC Block hul, but when I change to the new hul, problems start happening. I have seen a similar effect on cars, when you try to make something really large.

Posted: 29 Mar 2009, 23:09
urnemanden
Maybe you could try out scaling the hul file down to a smaller one. Maybe that'll work :)