Page 1 of 1
Posted: 11 Mar 2009, 23:20
miromiro
hey I have a problem....how you see in my track I don't paint any instances.....say to me how can I paint instances?

Posted: 12 Mar 2009, 02:57
zagames
Most instances use textures in the level folder. Open up the track folder and find the .bmp file that shows the instance texture. Then simply edit the .bmp file to the new look. Be sure to paint, then check it out in re-volt. You may need to work on it some more.

Posted: 12 Mar 2009, 18:35
miromiro
hey I have a problem...I can't to download anything from Re-Volt Archive.....i must to buy?......respond...and how can I make a reverse folder and what need I in it?

Posted: 13 Mar 2009, 06:05
zagames
No. You must register for a free account at the download pages.

Posted: 13 Mar 2009, 18:58
miromiro
here is a new question: when I submit the track....the gfx must to are bmp?.....with bmp it isn't accepted.....i muust to submit it with gif or jpg....

Posted: 13 Mar 2009, 19:04
jaseaka
miromiro @ Mar 13 2009, 08:28 AM wrote: here is a new question: when I submit the track....the gfx must to are bmp?.....with bmp it isn't accepted.....i muust to submit it with gif or jpg....
http://z4.invisionfree.com/Re_Volt_Foru ... wtopic=217

Posted: 13 Mar 2009, 22:04
miromiro
hey please write here the name of the button for make a gfx 256x256 pixels ....

Posted: 14 Mar 2009, 02:44
zagames
It all depends on the program you use. I usually use the default Paint program for Windows. It's really simple to drag the corners to create a 256 x 256 image.

Posted: 15 Mar 2009, 00:54
miromiro
zagames @ Mar 13 2009, 10:14 PM wrote: It all depends on the program you use. I usually use the default Paint program for Windows. It's really simple to drag the corners to create a 256 x 256 image.
yeah but ...probably Sjampo bored to make my track gfx 256x256...this is the reason...

Posted: 15 Mar 2009, 02:02
zipperrulez
just make a bmp with your tracks filename... and save it in the gfx folder, resize to 256x256 and your done, upload it where the gfx is required on the upload screen....
you make me want to cry :P

Posted: 15 Mar 2009, 05:48
miromiro
zagames @ Mar 11 2009, 10:27 PM wrote: Most instances use textures in the level folder. Open up the track folder and find the .bmp file that shows the instance texture. Then simply edit the .bmp file to the new look. Be sure to paint, then check it out in re-volt. You may need to work on it some more.
no , no to paint sorry I will to say to make the texture so like instances textures from Toy World....and need i a patch? or.............what?

Posted: 15 Mar 2009, 15:48
urnemanden
First, let's clear all this patch stuff your talking about out. You do NOT need a patch for anything to run. All patches for Re-Volt does NOT have anything to do with car-making or track-making (except the lego editor).

Now look in your track folder. You will see alot of textures in your track folder. (trackA.bmp trackB.bmp trackC.bmp etc.) Theese are the textures you can use for your track. Try play with them in Paint, and see how it will look in-game. Remember to take some backups.

Now, to get the models look right, you need find out where exactly the models are mapped to, on the texture files. Try look in Toyworld and see if you can recognize some of the models through the textures. Copy and paste the texture to your track texture, and then it will look correct. ;)

Posted: 09 Apr 2009, 22:19
miromiro
hey how can I to make drift zones on my lego track?

Posted: 10 Apr 2009, 03:07
zagames
That is something you will have to use RVGlue for (find it at http://freewebs.com/revolt_f1 in the toolshed page). You will have to read the tutorials in the 'doc' folder. Read that before you ask any questions about how to do something to a track.

Posted: 10 Apr 2009, 03:10
Manmountain
If I understand you correctly, then you need to look into Farce Fields

Check out the tutorials at RVA : Farce Field tut @ RVA

Posted: 10 Apr 2009, 05:04
zipperrulez
Manmountain @ Apr 9 2009, 10:40 PM wrote: If I understand you correctly, then you need to look into Farce Fields

Check out the tutorials at RVA : Farce Field tut @ RVA
thats how i would do it. make a farce field with just the right amount of lift to make your traction more 'drifty' feeling. this wont work with all cars though -.- but it should work with most, if you find the right number.