Page 1 of 1
Posted: 08 Mar 2009, 01:17
miromiro
hi I have a problem whit RV Glue...how can I to install it .... and where?

Posted: 08 Mar 2009, 10:11
zagames
Ok, to install rvglue, all you have to do is unzip the files. I think you are just having a problem running rvglue. It is not a program that you can simply run. It requires commands. Typically, you will need a command.txt and command.bat file. I recommend reading the information included in the DOC folder of rvglue. There are many options, and for more specific questions, feel free to ask them here.

Posted: 08 Mar 2009, 14:54
miromiro
zagames @ Mar 8 2009, 05:41 AM wrote: Ok, to install rvglue, all you have to do is unzip the files.  I think you are just having a problem running rvglue.  It is not a program that you can simply run.  It requires commands.  Typically, you will need a command.txt and command.bat file.  I recommend reading the information included in the DOC folder of rvglue.  There are many options, and for more specific questions, feel free to ask them here.
yes ZAG but i'm curious ...what can to make rvglue?
i make extreme tracks or what?
i'm from romania .... and is very hard to me to read the tutorials .... but in the finally i will make track so like frostbite and winter park....i must to learn english....but thanks for the infos....

Posted: 08 Mar 2009, 18:40
zagames
rvglue will not make a track like frostbite. But if you look at some of Hilaire9's first tracks, you can create similar. Rvglue can pull pieces out of already created tracks and turn the pieces into an 'Instance'. From here, you can use the MAKEITGOOD Instance edit mode to place these instances into the form of a track. Finally, you can use rvglue to 'glue' these pieces together. For a track like Winter Park or Frostbite, I use 3DS Max. Usually, it is a very expensive program, but I am sure you can find a hacked version somewhere online. Just be careful not to download a virus ;)

Posted: 19 Mar 2009, 20:16
miromiro
yeah but If i make instances with RVGlue what make I with ZModeler?

Posted: 20 Mar 2009, 01:32
urnemanden
You dont make instances with RV Glue. RV Glue is a tool for ripping instances, modifying instances, or glue instances.

Posted: 25 Mar 2009, 18:51
KDL
Rvglue is for:
- modifying instances and world
- ripping stuffs
- adding instances to track
- making surfaces type
etc...

To install it, copy "cygwin.dll" and "rvglue.exe" then go to URL address "%systemroot%\" and paste them there
now, in order to run rvglue, it's very easy...
1- Create batch with this:

Code: Select all

>rvglue.txt(@echo  )
notepad rvglue.txt
>results.log (rvglue rvglue.txt)
results.log
2- open the batch
3- make your code and save it
--> When you exit the rvglue will work and then will tell you about what happened

regards

Posted: 10 Apr 2009, 17:23
miromiro
KDL @ Mar 25 2009, 02:21 PM wrote: Rvglue is for:
- modifying instances and world
- ripping stuffs
- adding instances to track
- making surfaces type
etc...

To install it, copy "cygwin.dll" and "rvglue.exe" then go to URL address "%systemroot%\" and paste them there
now, in order to run rvglue, it's very easy...
1- Create batch with this:

Code: Select all

>rvglue.txt(@echo  )
notepad rvglue.txt
>results.log (rvglue rvglue.txt)
results.log
2- open the batch
3- make your code and save it
--> When you exit the rvglue will work and then will tell you about what happened

regards
thanks!

Posted: 10 Apr 2009, 19:44
Dave-o-rama
oh yeah, just to throw this out there, you can modify things like the walls and floor on lego tracks, too.