Page 1 of 1
Posted: 10 Feb 2009, 09:43
Aeon
I'm calling the track Corridor for the moment, although the track files are called Shift. The original design didn't really pan out because I thought it would be too much work for the mapping artists.

Since to my knowledge no one is working on Track 125 anymore, I'll throw this one out there for someone to fiddle with. I've tried to keep the poly counts down by using longer sections.

I've included some textures with this one, you can use various colors and have them change throughout the track. Just make sure that the color changes happen away from the "open" sections where you'll be able to see the outside of the track, since those areas will be light while I can create dark areas for smooth transitions between colors.

You can use the metal overlaid textures for the bottom part of the edges, and the regular colored textures for the top part of the wall. The second colored texture can be used for the top, and there's an overlaid version of that just in case.

* Track Map Image
* Download the 3DS file

There's some suggestions for colors and textures to use in certain areas on the map.

Here are some textures that can go along with it. They're mostly background textures plucked from Absolute Background Textures, with some custom metal overlays.

Posted: 11 Feb 2009, 12:05
rickyd
I dont know what u did but this is worse then the last one.
I would not want to map this.
You are making some cool layouts but the way the polygons
have all those faces on each one is not good for mapping.
Im sorry I dont understand how your program works.
You are very good at making these layouts with the exception
of the faces.

I would do the opposite of what you did.
The pod track was better.
Iwould like to help you but I

Posted: 11 Feb 2009, 12:10
rickyd
Got cut off last time.
Try to make it more simple
With the polygons and if you have control over them
try to cut them down. One face for a poly.
Any way keep trying.

Posted: 28 Feb 2009, 02:26
miromiro
how can I to make original instances?

Posted: 28 Feb 2009, 04:38
zagames
There are many tutorials, you just have to search for them.