Page 1 of 1
Posted: 07 Feb 2009, 02:02
rickyd
Hay all.
I got let go at my job last month.
I looked in the paper and on craigs list
and there are no jobs here.
I work for that guy 16 years.

So my question for you is do you have a job?
And where do you live?

I want to know how it is where you live.
So talk to me people. :D

Posted: 07 Feb 2009, 02:06
Aeon
I lost my job in December. But where I live isn't important. :P

Posted: 07 Feb 2009, 02:11
arto
Hope you find something new soon RickyD.

I have a job. And there's a couple of jobs here in Finland open, so come here to do some work. On the other hand now you have more free time to work on those nice RV tracks :).

Posted: 07 Feb 2009, 02:30
zipperrulez
no job for me

Posted: 07 Feb 2009, 02:57
Manmountain
I'm in my twelfth year for an electrical retailer.
I worked on the customer service desk for over two years then took up the warehouse position of which I am now the warehouse manager.

The store is one of about 12 in the local 30 mile area (over 60 throught the UK), although many staff have come and gone as well as changed store's I have remained at the same store.

Although our future is not certain a rival retailer with a local 10 store's has just gone bust. That means we reap their custom and hopefully will survive this global recession. :mellow:

Posted: 07 Feb 2009, 03:00
Cat
i'm still a student

Posted: 07 Feb 2009, 04:00
Adamodell
no point

no car no license no job
And a lot of people get jobs to pay off their first car. Or maybe their insurance.

Posted: 07 Feb 2009, 04:55
jaseaka
no job and no car. that why i'm at pc all day lol. what. that's not funny! thx God im still cheap or mother would have kicked me to the curve. no school either.

Posted: 07 Feb 2009, 06:08
Iron Bob
I currently work at Kohler Co., Kohler WI. I have 20 years in the company. But I was bumped to a different job about four months ago. And layoffs at Kohler are up to 14 years of seniority.

Posted: 07 Feb 2009, 06:58
human
hey guys,
by trade i am music instrument maker, i have made some harpsichords.
i also have been making bespoke furniture for a while. i originally studied 3ds max in order to be able to present vizualisation and even some animation for stuff designed by me to my clients.
ive been living in scotland for three years now, i work as a joiner, been self-employed and employee as well, ive just lost my job late january due to the economical climate so they say.
ive always been interested in arts and stuff, currently i am pushing photography, would be happy if the camera could replace screwdrivers.

Posted: 07 Feb 2009, 11:29
zagames
Been working over a year at my current job, as an apprentice electrician. We've got some work lined up through the end of June, and I'm sure by then we'll have something else to do. Really slow around here. Competitors are laying people off left and right. If I do get let go, however, my dad runs his own residential contracting business and I'll be able to jump in there. I like your job bob, probably install a lot of your stuff ;) Live down here in Springfield, MO. Taking everything one day at a time. Hoping Obama won't tax all my money from me...

Posted: 07 Feb 2009, 12:51
rickyd
Wow
Sounds like things are tuff everywhere.
This community has a lot of awesome folks.
I live in oregon out in the trees. There is
not much going on here.
Im hoping to get a job with the spring river
tree CO. in the spring.???
I dont know what happend but I hope it go's
away soon.
I just want to say you are the best.
And the brightest and we will make jobs
for our selfs if we have to.
Hay I love you guys!
Hang in there.
CU ;)

Posted: 12 Feb 2009, 02:12
TheMeandMe
hope everybody will resolve there specific job problems asap. good luck everyone!

as for me, im in my final year of university and working on the side means just doing whatever brings money. and is legal...

Posted: 12 Feb 2009, 13:50
urnemanden
I got 2 jobs, and i will look for more if i got time to it. I live in Denmark, currently working on a libray (borrring) and with some newspapers (takes long time). I dont pay tax at all.

Posted: 12 Feb 2009, 19:58
jaseaka
hum..must be voluntary work if ur not paying taxes! or im reporting you!

Posted: 12 Feb 2009, 20:15
urnemanden
Lol jase. In Denmark we don't pay taxes before we are over 18 years old. That's why ;)

Posted: 13 Feb 2009, 02:30
Huki
In India we dont work at all before we are 18 (before we are 21 actually) ;)

Posted: 04 Apr 2009, 15:37
miromiro
I haven't a job My job is the school (Bad Job) :angry: but I respect all what have time for they're job and fro RE-VOLT!!!