Page 1 of 1
Posted: 07 Feb 2009, 00:49
Aeon
I normally don't have a problem with this, but for some reason the cars keep restarting over and over and I can't figure out how to make them stop. I've got track zones, pos nodes and some AI nodes all laid out, but they're still doing it, and I can't figure out what I need to do.

Posted: 07 Feb 2009, 02:33
zipperrulez
hm... the ai nodes the correct way? (red in right, green on left)
do the cars restart at the begining of the race, or somewhere down the track

Posted: 07 Feb 2009, 02:43
Aeon
At the very beginning of the race. Immediately after the countdown finishes, they restart, and keep restarting. The AI nodes are placed fine - I've placed them often enough to know.

Posted: 07 Feb 2009, 02:46
zipperrulez
well thats weird... hm...
sorry, i cant help you :(

Posted: 07 Feb 2009, 03:01
Manmountain
Check your POS nodes, does the track selection screen show an actual length for your track ?
Also check the position and continuation of the track zones.

Failing any errors there I am unsure.

Posted: 07 Feb 2009, 03:05
Aeon
I've checked the POS nodes (Yes, the track is 1028 meters) and the Track Zones, and everything looks fine to me. I even tried replacing them with files from another track that used the same starting position and the problem still persists.

At the moment I'm totally at a loss - I've never had problems like this before.

Posted: 07 Feb 2009, 11:33
zagames
Hmm, all I can think of is Track Zones. If adjusting them doesn't work, I would start over. One of the main issues I found with Re-Volt, is that you have to complete the circuit before exiting re-volt. Finish connecting all the boxes, save, then exit. Restarting every few seconds is caused by AI Nodes. And anything I've found with POS nodes completely crashes the track. Good luck,
Zach

Posted: 07 Feb 2009, 20:12
human
aeon,

try the followings:

check if the starting pos-node is physically closer to the starting ai-node than ANY other ai-node, and if both are in the track zone 0. ideally the two starting nodes are on exactly the same place.
also check that the track zones are named with correctly increasing numbers.
also, you might have accidentally swapped two neighboring ai nodes in the chain which brakes the circuit. check the shading of the lines both sides of the ai chain that connect the nodes. the key R is for reversing the chain direction when the node is selected. i sometimes hit it accidentally.

Posted: 08 Feb 2009, 00:28
Aeon
I don't think its any of those problems, as I've examines, removed, and replaced the AI, POS nodes and Track Zones and nothing fixes it. I've tried starting again with hilaire's "nhood1_empty" track and I still can't get rid of the problem.

Here, I uploaded a zipped version of this track and maybe someone else can figure out what the problem is. This is extra aggravating because I've NEVER had this problem before, and I've created all this AI/POS/Zones stuff many times.

POD Track 125

Posted: 08 Feb 2009, 07:46
human
lol,
aeon, what are you doing? :D
this track is almost empty ai-wise.
you have got only a couple of nodes forming a small circuit that is actually off the racing line.
i dont know what did you see when checking the nodes in makeitgood...

Posted: 08 Feb 2009, 08:35
Aeon
Well I'm not going to work on an elaborate racing line when I can't even get the cars to race it yet!

Posted: 08 Feb 2009, 10:27
zagames
Uhh. why isn't the track a .w? It should be a .w and .ncp files. That could be a problem.

Posted: 08 Feb 2009, 12:19
Aeon
It has a .w and .ncp file. Its based on hilaire's empty track designed for track pieces, so you can fit them together and race on them before you weld them to the .w file with rvglue. The .w file has a large, invisible section so that you can place PRMs without their collision data being ignored.

Posted: 08 Feb 2009, 12:28
rickyd
Sounds like a track zone prob. to me.
And you could check pos nods.
Makeitgood it's so easy.
I love it. :D

Posted: 08 Feb 2009, 12:30
Aeon
Download the track and see if you can fix it. I went through everything I can think of and it still doesn't want to work.

Posted: 08 Feb 2009, 12:39
rickyd
Use the offroad kit. By Jim K.
Deleat all the prms in the track with makeitgood.

And then in stupped windows remove all the offroad prm and ncp files in the folder
and you have a clean slate.
This is how I make all my tracks.

Just do it! :D

Posted: 08 Feb 2009, 12:43
rickyd
D.L. what track?

Posted: 08 Feb 2009, 17:51
human
theres a link in aeon's comment ricky for download, but you obviously have already seen it.

aeon, i would try to convert the "world" we are racing on to the .w file, instead of a .prm. i dont see any point in racing on an instance anyway. as zach said, theres not a real .w file in the folder. i understand your point, but its worth a try i think.

Posted: 08 Feb 2009, 22:51
GWC
I reckon it's zones - in this case , zone 0. You don't say whether the entire start grid is affected, or just some of the cars, but my guess would be that your zone 0 has a small gap under it. Make sure it extends below the track surface.

Geoff

Posted: 08 Feb 2009, 23:10
human
track zone 0 covers the whole track, no doubt.

Posted: 11 Feb 2009, 07:53
rickyd
Hay man how many tracks have you made?
Your poz nods look good.
I dident look at the A.I.
But you have a real nice track zone.

LOL

Dude you cant have one big zone for the whole
track. Go look at one stock track or any track
for that mater.
All working tracks have track zones s as in more
then one.
That ot to help you. :blink:

Posted: 11 Feb 2009, 12:30
Aeon
I know how track zones work, ricky. :P One zone or many, it doesn't fix the problem.

And FYI, I spend considerably more time revamping existing tracks to suit my cars than I do creating new tracks. I have plenty of experience working with POS nodes, AI nodes, Track Zones, Farce Fields, Lights, etc...

Posted: 11 Feb 2009, 12:35
rickyd
Im not going to make track zones for you.
I map your track you dont even say thank you.
You dont get halp from me on more.

Posted: 11 Feb 2009, 12:39
rickyd
And one track zone.
That will do it.
Keep up the good work.

Posted: 11 Feb 2009, 12:40
Aeon
Don't know what you're so hostile about all of the sudden? Didn't ask you to fix the track zones, I just need to figure out why the cars keep repositioning themselves.

Posted: 11 Feb 2009, 18:28
human
peace guys,

as for track zones, tracks do work with one zone, aeon's intention was to get an initial working version i guess, which he was going to improve later on if needed.

did you manage to fix it aeon? i still think that the way is to get a decent world file.

Posted: 11 Feb 2009, 23:46
Aeon
Just tested it, and it seems that merging the instance with the .w file fixes the problem. I guess hilaire's blank track doesn't really work like its supposed to after all. Oh well. Thanks.