Page 1 of 1
Posted: 30 Jan 2009, 08:25
Aeon
Really, does this forum NEED to have such a long obnoxious flood control? Its not like people post here too often, and when they do post, why would you want to discourage them from posting a lot while they're here?

Posted: 30 Jan 2009, 08:41
zipperrulez
yeah... i went to reply to this very topic and i couldnt due to flood control

Posted: 30 Jan 2009, 12:51
urnemanden
I'm not a fan of it neither <_<

Posted: 30 Jan 2009, 19:26
jaseaka
think it's discouraging all the " :), ok, !! " posts.
idk. i dont like it neither. b/c i only like the check the forums for like 2min or less. make it quick! i check all the forums consecutively then it's off to other things.

Posted: 30 Jan 2009, 22:30
Aeon
jaseaka @ Jan 30 2009, 05:56 AM wrote: idk. i dont like it neither. b/c i only like the check the forums for like 2min or less. make it quick! i check all the forums consecutively then it's off to other things.
Which is what everyone does, and that's why the flood control is annoying because people aren't going to stick around to add to the conversation when they can't post because of it.

Posted: 31 Jan 2009, 03:47
Adamodell
Aeon @ Jan 30 2009, 03:55 AM wrote: Really, does this forum NEED to have such a long obnoxious flood control? Its not like people post here too often, and when they do post, why would you want to discourage them from posting a lot while they're here?
Well apparently I do.

Well, I'd recommend the 45 second, not the 120 second, flood control....

Posted: 31 Jan 2009, 20:14
zagames
Yes, while flood control is good, I am getting a little tired of the 120 second. Perhaps we could try 45 or 60 seconds, and if something bad happens, change it back. But it is a little excessive. Just adding my two cents,
Zach

Posted: 01 Feb 2009, 01:02
Manmountain
:roflmao:
Have you actually read what you all have stated ?

You would wait 45 seconds but not 120, are you all mad ?

Does that extra minute of your browsing time mean so much ?

That time is there to encourage everyone to actually read what they wish to quickly say, so that they can be sure their statements may be received in the proper manner in which they were meant.

Also, this is a forum not a chat room, only flamers wish to post quickly. IMHO.

Posted: 01 Feb 2009, 03:13
Aeon
You've got maybe a dozen active users here, and when they tell you that they hate the flood control settings, all you have to say about their opinions is "are you all mad?"
That time is there to encourage everyone to actually read what they wish to quickly say, so that they can be sure their statements may be received in the proper manner in which they were meant.
I don't know about everyone else, but I read what I wish to post before I post it. And once its posted, I'm not going to stare at it for two minutes making sure I like it. I'm going to be off reading something else.
Also, this is a forum not a chat room, only flamers wish to post quickly. IMHO.
Maybe so, but even then, people who write long elaborate posts are going to be writing it while they're posting, not while they're waiting to post.

If it was a two minute delay between submitting posts, that would be fine. But its a two minute delay between the time you submit one post, and the time when you can even begin making another post.

I've found on several occasions that I have to begin writing my next post in Notepad because the forum won't even let me start a new post.

Posted: 01 Feb 2009, 04:54
Manmountain
OK, as your time is so precious I will adjust the flood control timing.

Please tell me what else could be different to make your limited time here much quicker so that you don't need to waste your time creating threads that tell of your wasted time. :D

Posted: 01 Feb 2009, 05:02
Adamodell
Manmountain @ Feb 1 2009, 12:24 AM wrote: OK, as your time is so precious I will adjust the flood control timing.

Please tell me what else could be different to make your limited time here much quicker so that you don't need to waste your time creating threads that tell of your wasted time. :D
You forgot your sarcasm tags, sir!

Posted: 01 Feb 2009, 10:53
zagames
:P