Page 1 of 1
Posted: 30 Jan 2009, 05:05
Aeon
I want to test the top speeds on my POD cars but I don't have any tracks with straight sections long enough for them to reach their absolute top speeds. Given that, its kind of meaningless in game terms to find out what the top speed is, but I would like to know nonetheless.

Does anyone know of a custom track with an extremely long straight section? I've already fiddled with tracks like Hockenheimring and AI Project, but they're simply not long enough.

Posted: 30 Jan 2009, 07:37
zagames
I can put one together in a few minutes. But you can node it ;) Then release it on RVZT as a collaborative project.

Posted: 30 Jan 2009, 08:18
zipperrulez
did you try TheMeAndMe's test tracks? they are pretty long

Posted: 30 Jan 2009, 08:22
Aeon
What test tracks? And it has to be longer than the maximum straight on a 2x lego, because I already know that's too short. 2-4 times that would be preferable.

ZaGames, if you want to put together the .w file parts, I have no problem building the rest.

Posted: 30 Jan 2009, 08:36
zipperrulez
http://revolt.speedweek.net/main/commen ... +Ice+Speed
i know is says ice speed, but there is an asphalt one included in the zip
:) hope this helps

Posted: 30 Jan 2009, 08:54
Aeon
Cool track, wish I'd known about it earlier.

Would you believe those POD cars are still gaining speed when they hit the wall? I guess I'll just have to set their "max" at whatever speed they, erm, stopped at.

Posted: 30 Jan 2009, 09:38
Aeon
Okay, so while the top speed track isn't necessary, something else I would like to have and I'm pretty sure there isn't one already, is an uphill top speed test track. The reason for this is because you can determine a car's acceleration power by how fast it goes uphill.

Posted: 31 Jan 2009, 02:36
zipperrulez
Aeon @ Jan 30 2009, 04:24 AM wrote: Would you believe those POD cars are still gaining speed when they hit the wall?
yes i would, i made some cars that go down the first straight, slam the wall, and fly backwards past the starting line... over the walls too.
:) fun :)

Posted: 31 Jan 2009, 03:58
Aeon
Yeah but the POD cars have a TopEnd of 50 and only 10000 EngineRatio per wheel. They're relatively heavy, too.

Posted: 31 Jan 2009, 05:15
Killer Wheels
I've got an old track that I used for driving extremely fast cars if you want I can upload it.

Posted: 11 Feb 2009, 12:28
rickyd
Hay Killer wheels.
How come you and the rest of the gang dont come
around much?
I know your not working like me. oUT Of LuCk.

And you guys are the old school masters.
We could use the help.
Please come back to re-volt.
:D