Page 1 of 1
Posted: 06 Jan 2009, 02:23
Cat
Say me if you reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaalyyyyyyyyyyyy like that Porsche 959 resemble (if you think it was a Toyota you are wrong), or prefer another car (maybe i will open a poll RV forum, but i will post here because the RV House section gets all the attraction).

I don't, i prefer Cougar.

Posted: 06 Jan 2009, 03:25
Adamodell
Cat @ Jan 5 2009, 09:53 PM wrote: Say me if you reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaalyyyyyyyyyyyy like that Porsche 959 resemble (if you think it was a Toyota you are wrong), or prefer another car (maybe i will open a poll RV forum, but i will post here because the RV House section gets all the attraction).

I don't, i prefer Cougar.
[another uncool post by yours truly]

I hate the Toyeca.

If I have to drive the Toyeca I'll drive the Dreamcast equivalent PurpXL because I like it more haha.

Posted: 06 Jan 2009, 03:55
RV Ravens
Humma / Cougar / AMW i don't like the original toyeca.

:lol:

Posted: 06 Jan 2009, 05:54
Aeon
I don't know anything about the Porsche nonsense, but of the stock cars I prefer to drive Cougar over any of the other pro cars. Cougar is front wheel drive which means you'd have to try pretty hard to get the thing to slide out of control. It can't turn as sharp as the Toyeca, but it has some nice controlled slides.

Posted: 06 Jan 2009, 06:45
Aeon
Here, I did a detailed analysis of each of the three "Top" cars.

Code: Select all

TOYECA  COUGAR  HUMMA
Top Speed       40.2    43.2    39.7
Acceleration    3.64    2.55    4
Center of Grav  -0.75   1       -5.5
Weight Dist     -7      -10     0
Traction        1.9     1.7     1.7
Grip            18      15      16
Steering Ratio  25      25      50
Drive           4WD     FWD     4WD
Top Speed: This is where Cougar shines the most, as its top speed is 3mph faster than the other two cars, which gives it a significant advantage on any track where it can maintain its top speed.

Acceleration: While Humma slightly outshines Toyeca due to a smaller wheel radius, both cars can easily out-accelerate the Cougar.

Center of Gravity: The Humma's extremely low center of gravity contributes to its whippy, ultra-responsive handling, but also makes it easier to break this car into a slide. The higher gravity centers of the Toyeca and Humma make them both more inclined to roll on a mis-encounter with a wall or another car.

Weight distribution: The Humma's neutral weight distribution helps to preven it from sliding too far out of control when it slides, while the Toyeca and Cougar are both front-heavy configurations. This works in the Cougar's favor since it suffers from under-steer anyway, and more weight in front will make it easier to turn.

Traction and Grip: Toyeca wins out here with the best traction and grip of the three cars. The Toyeca though has more traction in the front than in the rear, meaning this car is more inclined to over-steer. The Cougar on the other hand has more traction in the rear, which makes it better able to go where its pointing. The Humma is the only car with equal traction in both front and rear, meaning it will slide, but not too much.

Steering Ratio: The Humma's tires can turn twice as far as the other two cars, so it can turn much more sharply and lose control much more easily.

Drive: Both Toyeca and Humma have power at all wheels, which gives them superior control, acceleration and hill climbing abilities. The Cougar's front wheel drive is the primary reason why it is more hesitant to steer and can't handle the complex corners.

Conclusion: On a wide, spacious track, the Cougar will dominate due to superior top speed. However, the Toyeca and Humma both have advantages in acceleration and handling. But in tight racing conditions, the Humma will ultimately outshine the Toyeca in the hands of a capable driver.

Posted: 06 Jan 2009, 08:43
Cat
Nice way of analizing, Aeon. I think that the Humma should be easier to drive with some analog device.

Posted: 06 Jan 2009, 10:08
Aeon
Of course, if you get right down to it, Toyeca is just plain easier to drive. Toyeca pretty much just goes where you want it to, and if its not turning enough, you let off the gas and it slides through the turn, and if you want a sharp turn you brake and it does a 180. Lots of control there.

Cougar is faster in general, but it doesn't have the ability to fine-slide through turns like Toyeca does. You can sort of switch it between under-steer and over-steer, but there's no medium in between.

Humma is simply too hard to control with a keyboard - as yeah, it would drive a lot better with an analog stick. Of course, if the creators had just reduced its SteerRate it probably would have been much more manageable. But the AI drives thrive on sensitive controls that are too much for human players.

AMW is a rear wheel drive joke. Its a little slower than Cougar with worse acceleration. Once at speed, any efforts to change direction incites a total spin out. The only way it can even manage its way around the track is by slowing to a crawl around the corners. Sometimes tapping the accelerator at medium speed works, too.

Posted: 06 Jan 2009, 12:20
urnemanden
My favorite car is Pole Poz because it is good for sliding, and handles pretty much like Col. Moss. It works really good with sharp corners, but i don't think it can handle an attack from behind without crashing somewhere.

Posted: 06 Jan 2009, 22:00
arto
Yes, Toyeca rules of the stock cars. Humma loses control and grip too easily (and I use wheel) so in practice it doesn't turn as fast as Toyeca - in hard turns it loses it's speed too much. Cougar turns like a train. It is slightly faster than Toyeca in a couple of stock tracks. Toyeca accelerates fast enough and is fast enough, and it's ability to do all kinds of turns makes it a killer vehicle.

In short: all bow down to the mighty Toyeca!

Posted: 06 Jan 2009, 23:43
Aeon
I spit on your false god and still prefer driving my Cougar.

Posted: 08 Jan 2009, 17:48
nero
I think the Toyeca is the best from the original cars.
Before i came up,i was driving with the Toyeca(i am really good driving that).
I dont have my own internet yet,but i shall sort that out soon.

Later,

Nero

Posted: 15 Jan 2009, 02:17
Cat
arto @ Jan 6 2009, 01:30 PM wrote: In short: all bow down to the mighty Toyeca!
Toyeca and RV House will kill our brains.

Each track has his best car. For example: FWD cars (Volken, R6 Turbo, Cougar, etc) rule in Supermarket 2 because they can handle the freezer section (check my JCMtheRACER YouTube channel, there's a video which proves my theory), fast tracks like MM's F1 DragStrip Test Track and maybe Toytanic are for Cougar and AMW (top 2 in max speed).

Aeon, correct me if i'm wrong.

Posted: 15 Jan 2009, 02:49
arto
Cat @ Jan 14 2009, 09:47 PM wrote: Each track has his best car. For example: FWD cars (Volken, R6 Turbo, Cougar, etc) rule in Supermarket 2 because they can handle the freezer section (check my JCMtheRACER YouTube channel, there's a video which proves my theory), fast tracks like MM's F1 DragStrip Test Track and maybe Toytanic are for Cougar and AMW (top 2 in max speed).
None of those cars beat Toyeca in Supermarket 2. Cougar has a slight advantage over Toyeca in Toytanic and Nhood1.

Posted: 15 Jan 2009, 03:09
Cat
arto @ Jan 14 2009, 06:19 PM wrote:
Cat @ Jan 14 2009, 09:47 PM wrote: Each track has his best car. For example: FWD cars (Volken, R6 Turbo, Cougar, etc) rule in Supermarket 2 because they can handle the freezer section (check my JCMtheRACER YouTube channel, there's a video which proves my theory), fast tracks like MM's F1 DragStrip Test Track and maybe Toytanic are for Cougar and AMW (top 2 in max speed).
None of those cars beat Toyeca in Supermarket 2. Cougar has a slight advantage over Toyeca in Toytanic and Nhood1.
look at this and later say me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtVhnTH0 ... annel_page

Posted: 15 Jan 2009, 04:48
jaseaka
i think it's b/c ai is driving

Posted: 15 Jan 2009, 05:03
Aeon
The only way to get any real insight into which is better is to have an experienced driver do hotlaps with various cars and report their average times.

However, on low traction situations I'd cast my vote on the 4WD Toyeca because 4WD handles better on low traction than FWD does. In my real-life cars setup, the AWD Subaru STI and Lancer Evo usually score better times over similarly powered FWD cars when driving on slippery off-road tracks.

In the end, saying that Toyeca sucks really isn't true because Toyeca has the best handling and 2nd best acceleration in the game (unless you can find a master with an analog stick who can prove that Humma handles better). The only place where it can't stand up to Cougar is in sheer top speed. But even then, Toyeca will be able to maintain a higher average speed than the Cougar can on most tracks.

Posted: 15 Jan 2009, 06:35
Cat
jaseaka @ Jan 14 2009, 08:18 PM wrote: i think it's b/c ai is driving
No, it's a replay, not a demo (notice that the top right corner of the video says "Replay").

Posted: 15 Jan 2009, 07:00
Aeon
AI is driving the other cars. Having a match of you vs the AI doesn't mean anything for which cars are better. I can beat Cougar in Col. Moss.

Posted: 15 Jan 2009, 07:05
Cat
Aeon @ Jan 14 2009, 10:30 PM wrote: AI is driving the other cars. Having a match of you vs the AI doesn't mean anything for which cars are better. I can beat Cougar in Col. Moss.
i don't mean that, but i've to say that re-volt has the worst aI sistem i've seen (opponents crash instead of avoiding you, for example)

Posted: 15 Jan 2009, 07:46
Aeon
That's why I made my POD cars and the tracks designed for them. AI kicks my rear.

Posted: 16 Jan 2009, 09:59
arto
Cat @ Jan 14 2009, 10:39 PM wrote:
arto @ Jan 14 2009, 06:19 PM wrote:
look at this and later say me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtVhnTH0 ... annel_page
I don't understand what that video is supposed to tell? To me it seems in that video every car is driving quite poorly. A good racer can make under 17 second laps in market 2 with Toyeca.

Posted: 06 Apr 2009, 22:46
miromiro
really I like toyeca for his parameters and colors but for the design i prefer cougar ... and humma.....and maybe zipper :unsure:

Posted: 07 Apr 2009, 01:06
zipperrulez
miromiro @ Apr 6 2009, 06:16 PM wrote: really I like toyeca for his parameters and colors but for the design i prefer cougar ... and humma.....and maybe zipper :unsure:
YEAH! w00t! lol :P :lol:

Posted: 07 Apr 2009, 16:54
miromiro
zipperrulez @ Apr 6 2009, 08:36 PM wrote:
miromiro @ Apr 6 2009, 06:16 PM wrote: really I like toyeca for his parameters and colors but for the design i prefer cougar ... and humma.....and maybe zipper  :unsure:
YEAH! w00t! lol :P :lol:
aha I forgot we have here a real zipper fan...good but I'm don't want to say "maybe" I want to say "sure" the zipper has cool parameters , colors , wheels , speed and his name is really fun "Zipper"= what we use to open or close our jacket... :lol:...but I love it :)

Posted: 07 Apr 2009, 18:00
miromiro
Cat @ Jan 14 2009, 10:39 PM wrote: look at this and later say me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtVhnTH0 ... annel_page
good race and maybe this is the reason because you make cool Volken Turbo repaints and other repaints ;)

Posted: 11 May 2009, 21:43
Cat
miromiro @ Apr 7 2009, 09:30 AM wrote:
Cat @ Jan 14 2009, 10:39 PM wrote: look at this and later say me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtVhnTH0 ... annel_page
good race and maybe this is the reason because you make cool Volken Turbo repaints and other repaints ;)
no, i just used the volken for my repaints just because the Touring Car style body mesh, later i swapped them to rear wheel drive because i'm an FR lover

Posted: 17 May 2009, 20:26
miromiro
oh , really?
ok but cool video!