Page 1 of 1
Posted: 10 Dec 2008, 07:07
jaseaka
http://s470.photobucket.com/albums/rr64 ... orjase.jpg

what's causing it and how to get rid of it.

Posted: 10 Dec 2008, 23:20
hilaire9
I have never seen that error and do not know what it means.

Posted: 11 Dec 2008, 01:59
human
jase,
re-create the object named plane01 and re-export the blurred_something.ase file
this normally solves this type of problems.
things like this happen sometimes, i have met similar error messages when creating loft objects, rvtmod seems to have problems with converting them.
hopefully its not a complicated mesh and easy to redo.
there's no other way from this point anyway.

Posted: 11 Dec 2008, 02:54
jaseaka
i used loth bfore w/ no problems. okay i'll re-do it. just to tell what i done before. i made a plane. then convert to editable patch. and moved around some um..idk the name but it's the ones with the .:. vertexs i think. there was a whole object, then plane, but i chose the ones w/ the dots. okay. then i added some texture and exported.

Posted: 11 Dec 2008, 03:33
hilaire9
You should Convert to Editable Poly. Did you use the Loft modifier?
And that thing you can't remember with the vertex things might
be the problem?

Posted: 11 Dec 2008, 04:27
zagames
I always convert everything to editable meshes.

Posted: 11 Dec 2008, 05:23
jaseaka
i didnt use loth on this object

i use editable patch accidentally. and after i did editable patch i couldn't change to editable poly b/c it changes to 40000 polys

edit:

i coverted to editable poly. made some polys non collison and i still get the error

also the think i didn't remember was called 'vertex' i was moving them up and down to make hills. where selection says 'vertex, edge, polygon and element"

Posted: 11 Dec 2008, 05:24
hilaire9
I think Editable Poly has more options to modify the mesh.
Some modifiers will convert it to Editable Mesh, but I always
convert back to Editable Poly after I collapse the stack.

Posted: 11 Dec 2008, 05:41
jaseaka
um what is stacking

Posted: 11 Dec 2008, 09:04
zagames
All the different modifiers (UVW Unwrap, Editable Mesh, Vertex Paint, etc) You can collapse in to the main object.(in this case, Editable Mesh)

Posted: 13 Dec 2008, 04:16
human
as others said, mesh or poly is best, i wouldnt recommend patch.
i personally normally work with editable poly.
moving verteces and texturing should not cause any trouble when exporting and converting. since i have never worked with editable patches for revolt, im not sure about what rvtmod had problems with. max numbers verteces in every meshes, that might be what the error message refers to as vertex index, something may have gone wrong when it was indexing vertex points or you may have changed something that rvtmod didnt get.

tip: for making surface like hills and valleys learn more about the option called soft selection, its very useful.

Posted: 13 Dec 2008, 08:54
jaseaka
um okay, thxs. i'm using editable poly now and have no problems/errors. i'll be sticking w/ editable poly from now on!