Page 1 of 1
Posted: 08 Dec 2008, 10:57
Aeon
I tried creating a track using double-wide track pieces. The track I was aiming to create is a large double-oval, which seemed like a simple idea. It might be a bit big, but technically its not too much larger than any of the other tracks I was hoping to create.

Its basically just four 38 long straights with four U-turns connecting them. The end result is a load time that's, um, long. Really long. How do you avoid load times like that? I mean, I figure you could trim it down by re-using the same few prms over and over - short straight, small turn, big turn, etc... But it might make for redundant tracks, and piecing all the little pieces together one at a time sounds like a real pain.

Another thing, looking at the UltraGlide track, the main NCP file is 836k, and it loads in a reasonable amount of time. The combined size for all the NCPs in my track is 1.4megs, yet mine seems to take considerably longer to load than the one in UltraGlide. What's up with that? Do NCPs load faster when they're for the .w file or something? Or when they're merged?

Posted: 09 Dec 2008, 04:43
Killer Wheels
I hope you've check the "win95/win98 compatibilty mode" for your re-volt game. :P

The main world *.ncp file will load faster than multiples instances *.ncp files.
Try to use non-merged instances only when you can complete a lap without problem only using main world's files. ;)

Posted: 09 Dec 2008, 06:02
jaseaka
oh i have question to add here since u were talking about completing lap w/out some merge pieces. um what about that priority high low option. the priority option can only be used on prms that isn't merged into the world file?

Posted: 10 Dec 2008, 00:46
Killer Wheels
Yes, but it seems that Re-volt engine don't take care about these options (piority and LOD).
Anyway they are some quite interesting options : the ability to change the prm RVB value for model/ENV and the ability to make the object non-solid for camera.
Also if you wish to use the mirror hide option... :)