Page 1 of 1
Posted: 03 Dec 2008, 05:23
Aeon
Since I can't really release the tracks without the cars they're designed for, and since I don't really know how or have the software to make videos to post on YouTube, I'll just post some pictures, since that's the next best thing. Everybody likes pictures, right?

This is a revised version of POD Super Speedway, which is a 2x lego, now a lego extreme. It uses instances which I believe are from Ricky D's kit, but they're not retextured or anything. Only the track itself has new textures.

Download POD Super Speedway

Posted: 03 Dec 2008, 11:44
rickyd
This looks good!
I like the way the colors are more real looking.

I try to make tracks that look real.
I dont want them to look like a cartoon.

But whatever you do the stock cars look tooney.

I like a more real looking track to race.
This should be a good one!
I like the tunels they look good.
Keep it going.

Posted: 03 Dec 2008, 13:07
Aeon
Well, I'm only going for realistic in the limited sense of realism that you can get with a bunch of futuristic racing machines. I do want to at least make the lighting seem realistic so that its dark where there's no sun and bright where there is.

But I see a lot of tracks like the recent Rainbow Road and Road in Space tracks, kit-extremes which are decently fun to race, but which have no real setting at all. I figure if you could take a track like that which is otherwise floating in the sky somehow, and put it in a setting like rocky mountains or snowy hills, sandy deserts, or a city full of skyscrapers - then it will give those tracks a lot more character.

Since I'm not sure that I have the time or patience to piece each individual track piece together one at a time to form a typical TrackMK extreme, I doubt I'll ever get around to making any on my own. Besides which I can't stand it when the track pieces aren't aligned perfectly and there doesn't seem to BE any way to align them perfectly.

But whatever the case, I gave this track a rocky theme and I'm hoping everyone likes the look of it. It uses "UltraGrav" right now so its probably not good for normal cars.

Does anyone know what software to use to record Re-Volt videos?

Posted: 04 Dec 2008, 10:37
zagames
lookin good

Posted: 04 Dec 2008, 13:13
urnemanden
I use Camstudio for small 3D scenes, but for the big races i will buy a Video cam. Better FPS, and everything. It's expensive way, though.

Btw, good pictures! I would like to race that track, some day ;)

Posted: 04 Dec 2008, 14:05
Aeon
urnemanden @ Dec 3 2008, 11:43 PM wrote: Btw, good pictures! I would like to race that track, some day ;)
Glad you like 'em.

Posted: 08 Dec 2008, 05:48
Killer Wheels
Hi Aeon,

This track looks awesome ! Simply, your track looks fun, realistic (I mean no holes everywhere or misplaced instances) with a great visual touch I'd like to see furthermore. Try to keep this futuristic atmosphere on every parts of your track (For example change the old building texture on screen3 :blink: ), this will give to your track "a lot more character" :)

Can't wait for run into this attractive tunnel :lol:

Posted: 08 Dec 2008, 07:20
zagames
Hey KW, we're still waiting to see some of the tracks you promised ;)

Posted: 08 Dec 2008, 08:16
Adamodell
Looks great to me, can't wait to see a finished rendition of this.

Posted: 09 Dec 2008, 04:03
Killer Wheels
zagames @ Dec 8 2008, 02:50 AM wrote: Hey KW, we're still waiting to see some of the tracks you promised ;)
Thanks Zagames :)
I might post soon for this. Just wait a little more... ;)

Posted: 16 Jan 2009, 01:06
Aeon
I never did bother to post a link to this track, but if anybody happens to have a POD cars instance installed, its nice to have another track handy. This one isn't really up to par with the others - its not half size and some parts of the track don't look quite right, but its still a lot of fun to race on.

POD Super Speedway

Posted: 16 Jan 2009, 04:49
zipperrulez
Since I can't really release the tracks without the cars they're designed for, and since I don't really know how or have the software to make videos to post on YouTube, I'll just post some pictures, since that's the next best thing.
aeon, would you like me to make and post a youtube video of this track & cars?
i'll do it for you.

RickyD i need your email adress, please pm it to me...

Posted: 16 Jan 2009, 08:46
Aeon
That would be great, although I think Cosmo City is more deserving of a video. If you do make one, these cars really aren't right unless you can hear the proper engine sounds with them. And if you use these cars, it should be only these cars, since they don't mix with other cars that aren't from this set.

Posted: 16 Jan 2009, 09:07
zipperrulez
i was going to make some semi pro cars pro, and replace them with the pod cars, also replacing the original pro cars.
should render with 12 pro cars, and i choose one, that makes every car, am i correct?
(lol that is a terrible explanation!!!)

Posted: 16 Jan 2009, 09:46
Aeon
As long as there are 12 cars in the same class which are all POD cars, and there are no other cars in that class, it should only race with those cars when you use that class.

Posted: 16 Jan 2009, 12:06
Aeon
W00t, I just set my first 3-digit speed record, reaching 100mph by hitting every single boost on this track.