Page 1 of 1
Posted: 25 Nov 2008, 02:04
Aeon
Anyone know of any? I know I've played some before, but I can't remember what any of them were called, and there's no way to pick them out of the listing.

Posted: 25 Nov 2008, 23:39
GWC
'Nuke' is designed by and for POD racers, and is probably the shortest double out there. That's the only (apart from POD Super Speedway) double I have in my 'active' folder.

However, a quick look thru' my 'not in use' track folder, gave me another 10 that I think are doubles. I'm not sure they are all on RVZT, but I could probably let you have them if they are not there.

Corner After Corner
Desert Run
Empire City
Empire City Rain (the same track, but with rain)
Factory 51 (another from the POD guys)
Father Time
The Pits Large
Rospattrack
Tight Spots
Tunnelz (a bit of a lego-ex)

Other hints for finding more are look at trtacks without title screens and any lego more than 1500m long. And any track where the readme says you need v1.1.

Oh, and any track by Donald E. Grimes.

Geoff

Posted: 03 Dec 2008, 13:56
Aeon
Its too bad most of those tracks weren't designed very well from a racing standpoint - some of them look very nice. But they're not much fun to drive with cars that go very fast if you give them lots of shallow turns, and fairly slow with lots of sharp turns. Most of these tracks seem to be fond of sharp turns, ridiculous height changes and a complete lack of proper tunnel entrances.

I shudder every time I see a jump followed by an entranceless tunnel, or a a fast uphill ramp followed by a sharp turn. Or a repeating series of sharp U-turns. Yet these things appear so often...

But at least they've got good taste in textures, some of them.

Posted: 03 Dec 2008, 22:59
GWC
You are right about these tracks. They come from the very early years of RV, and are typical legos of the period.

1 track I used quite a lot then is Tight Spots - I suppose I should try it again for an up-to-date assessment.

Geoff

Posted: 03 Dec 2008, 23:22
Aeon
Tight Spots isn't bad, its better than most of them. It still has a few annoying spots like the huge bump out in the middle of the road that cars run into like a wall (why they ever included those I don't know... why people actually use them I know even less). But it has some cool sections too.