Page 1 of 1
Posted: 25 Nov 2008, 00:27
Aeon
The option to double-size the tracks in the editor seems to be lacking from my version, even though its 1.1. I'm not sure why that is and I'm not sure if I want to deal with it right now, but does anyone know if there's another way to stretch tracks width and lengthwise instead of just vertically? I'm assuming that TrackMK creates double-wide track pieces that are also half-high to match the regular track pieces.

I'd like to take a shot at creating some double-wide hybrid lego/trackMK tracks, but everything doesn't seem to be coming together properly.

Posted: 25 Nov 2008, 00:46
Cat
Simply, don't use doublesize, that makes the track boring.

Posted: 25 Nov 2008, 01:20
Aeon
Simple, don't tell me what kind of tracks to make. I'm not making them for your cars. They're not boring with my cars. In fact, regular sized tracks feel very cramped and uncomfortable with these cars.

Posted: 25 Nov 2008, 01:30
Cat
Aeon @ Nov 24 2008, 04:50 PM wrote: Simple, don't tell me what kind of tracks to make. I'm not making them for your cars. They're not boring with my cars. In fact, regular sized tracks feel very cramped and uncomfortable with these cars.
what i said is just a recommendation, not something you have to do

I suppose you have to get the 0916 version

Posted: 25 Nov 2008, 03:54
Manmountain
Aeon @ Nov 24 2008, 07:57 PM wrote:...but does anyone know if there's another way to stretch tracks width and lengthwise instead of just vertically?
Download Wscale4, SRMalloy's last release, it resizes all three axis individually not just all the same.
It uses the same priciples as RVsizer for PRM's but this is for World files (trackname.W)

The benifit of double sized editor tracks is that everything is double sized for you, the track, Zones, AI Nodes, Pos Nodes.
If you use Wscale4 you will need to edit the Zones, AI Nodes and Pos Nodes yourself.

Posted: 25 Nov 2008, 08:16
Aeon
Sweet, and I already had that program, too. I thought there was something that allowed you to do that somewhere, but its been a while since I fiddled with tracks. I'm not worried about rebuilding the other track elements, I end up doing a lot of that anyway.

Posted: 26 Nov 2008, 19:33
nero
Use Wscale4(Width Scale v.4).
It's a program,originally you can only use it vertically,but with v.4 you can scale it in X,Y or even Z axis.

Here it is:
Backup the before scaled world file
Copy Wscale4 into your USER_******** dir.
Open Notepad.
This is an example of what you have to write:

Code: Select all

wscale USER_abcdefgh.w 2.25 0.25 2.25 
If i wrote something wrong,then excuse me.

The numbers' line is from left to right.

The 1st number,the 2.25 is which way you want to stretch it,or narrow it in X axis.(horizontally)

The numbers rely on that if the number is higher than 1,it gets streched by that amount compared to the normal width,height,length.
If the number is lower than 1,it gets narrowed by that amount compared to the normal width,height,length.

The 2nd number,the 0,25 is which way you want to stretch it,or narrow it in Y axis(vertically)

The 3rd number,the 2.25 is which way you want to stretch it,or narrow it in Z axis(dimensionally)

Save the command file into your USER_******** as runscale4.bat.
Run it.
Wait...
Rename the created new_world.w file to USER_********.w.
Open Notepad again.

Type this:

Create USER_********
editor.w (
   legosplit (
     pwall ( lower_coll )
   )
)
Save it into your USER_******** as command.txt.
Open Notepad again.
Type this:

rvglue command.txt
Save this as runglue.bat into your USER_******** dir.

Rename your USER_********(the scaled one) to editor.w.
Just in case something happens,backup the orig. .ncp file.
Run that batch file.
Wait...
Now comes the MAKEITGOOD part.
You have to now resize the Track Zones,and AI Nodes,Position Nodes(maybe some Objects,Triggers,Camera Nodes,Farce Fields,Lights).
Done!!!

Now you have your scaled track.

Hope this helps,

Nero