Page 1 of 1
Posted: 23 Nov 2008, 05:35
Warhawk
is it possible to add our mp3s to the tracks? i heard u have to use "Phoenix R3"
:unsure:

Posted: 23 Nov 2008, 05:44
Adamodell
Warhawk @ Nov 23 2008, 01:05 AM wrote: is it possible to add our mp3s to the tracks? i heard u have to use "Phoenix R3"
:unsure:
Yeah, pretty much.

There was another patch out there, too, but I couldn't get it to work. It has something called _inmm.dll or something to that effect included in it.

Re-Volt Developer Version will play mp3 files natively, as well. The demo will, too.

Really, someone should just take Re-Volt and disassemble it with Win32dasm, and figure out how to turn on the mp3 read function through hex editing so that it references the mp3dec.asi (a dynamic link library in the demo version) that will load the mp3s as directed in the track's ini file.

My brother Dustin said he could. But I haven't gotten back to him about that in a while, and I don't really care, anyway.

Posted: 23 Nov 2008, 21:45
KDL
_immm.dll is a temporary solution for playing randomly and noisly the music of Re-Volt

Exists 3 other ways to play music in Re-Volt:
1st- Using an original CD of Re-Volt
2nd- Using a demo version of Re-Volt
3rd- Using phoenix R3 which is highly recommandable, it just requires registring to RRR and coming to its IRC channel (irc://irc.arrakis.es/revolt)

Posted: 24 Nov 2008, 07:43
jaseaka
i just installed _inmm.dll again today because someone asked about the original music and if it would play in revolt w/ patched version. the program works 99.99% fine for me. just the music starts a few seconds before levels completely loads no big deal since i'll be disabling it.

also there is some winmm.dll error w/ windows vista using _inmm. obviously just dl'ing the missing .dll file didn't fix the problem. any suggestions?

Posted: 24 Nov 2008, 12:16
Aeon
And what exactly are we supposed to DO with this _inmm.dll?

Posted: 24 Nov 2008, 16:52
jaseaka
um there is some directions are online somewhere. i don't have the link anymore :( it's very simple, i understood it :P

roughly you will download revolt music or 14 other song of various artists (b/c that techno dance music may run u crazy)

add the music using inmm program, patch it. run revolt and groove to the beat...

i did made a little help thing for someone last night. but it needs some editing before i can show it to others

Posted: 24 Nov 2008, 17:17
jaseaka
*_inmm.dll help<br>
open the file _inmm.dll setup<br>

find the <b>_inmm.ini</b> tab and press <b>ADD</b>
<br>browse and select all 14 mp3 file and press <b>OPEN</B>then,<BR>
press <B>SAVE</B> the new "_inmm.ini" file to your re-volt directory
<br> next
switch to the "PATCH' TAB<br>

in the group setting fine :ACCLAIM<br>

in the title section ; SELECT RE-VOLT:<br>
select
'PATCH'<br>

NOw GO INGAME AND ENJOY THE MUSIC

---
you may need to convert the music file to what ever files are supported by inmm.

Posted: 24 Nov 2008, 23:17
Aeon
Cool, works for me, although I doubt I could have figured that out on my own with the instructions written in ancient Greek.

Posted: 25 Nov 2008, 19:02
piN
Itunes FTW ;)

Posted: 26 Nov 2008, 07:02
Aeon
I can't hear my engine and crashing sound effects that way... Its more fun when you're driving fast and you can hear the music and the engines revving at the same time.

Posted: 26 Nov 2008, 07:40
Adamodell
piN @ Nov 25 2008, 02:32 PM wrote: Itunes FTW ;)
foobar2000 FTW

Never used iTunes, plan to keep it that way.

Posted: 26 Nov 2008, 19:11
nero
KDL @ Nov 23 2008, 05:15 PM wrote: _immm.dll is a temporary solution for playing randomly and noisly the music of Re-Volt

3rd- Using phoenix R3 which is highly recommandable, it just requires registring to RRR and coming to its IRC channel (irc://irc.arrakis.es/revolt)
Hmm,thats a load a cr*p.
RRR said that i can only user Pheonix R3 if i reached the third rank(above 200 posts). ;)
Anyway,i'm still on thin ice here,i'm starting to lose the fun in Re-Volt.

Hopefully things will get better,

Nero

Posted: 26 Nov 2008, 19:23
Cat
What should be cool is make the 1207 patch read Audio CD Tracks, like those games that came in SEGA CD Game Packs, where u put your favourite CD, and while you are playing you can hear the CD's music

Posted: 26 Nov 2008, 21:35
KDL
nero @ Nov 26 2008, 02:41 PM wrote:
KDL @ Nov 23 2008, 05:15 PM wrote: _immm.dll is a temporary solution for playing randomly and noisly the music of Re-Volt

Hmm,thats a load a cr*p.
RRR said that i can only user Pheonix R3 if i reached the third rank(above 200 posts). ;)

Nero
200 posts and Full customs?
not exactly; you all need is ranking the 2nd ranking AND to be in the IRC chatroom of RRR (#revolt from irc.arrakis.es )
also, guess what the unlimited functions that the phoenix has, everyone tested it will tell you just 25% of its power :) (music, full custom cars, full custom tracks with sounds animations etc..., new cameras .......)

Posted: 26 Nov 2008, 22:23
urnemanden
Use the 0916 patch, if you aren't rank 2. All who bought Re-Volt legal, should have the CD to that. ;)

Posted: 27 Nov 2008, 07:09
Aeon
Any software that has participation requirements is too utterly lame to even be mentioned in my book, regardless of how "cool" it is.

However, the _inmm.ini thing works great, so I can't ask for more than that.

If you're not concerned about legalities or you have them legally, music for Extreme-G 3, F-Zero GX and even Descent 2 work great, depending on the kind of car and track themes you're going for.

Posted: 27 Nov 2008, 08:16
jaseaka
i'm always willing to sell my cd for &#036;2500

Posted: 28 Nov 2008, 06:11
Adamodell
Aeon @ Nov 27 2008, 02:39 AM wrote: Any software that has participation requirements is too utterly lame to even be mentioned in my book, regardless of how "cool" it is.

However, the _inmm.ini thing works great, so I can't ask for more than that.

If you're not concerned about legalities or you have them legally, music for Extreme-G 3, F-Zero GX and even Descent 2 work great, depending on the kind of car and track themes you're going for.
Sadly, I agree. Of course, I meet the requirements in spades, but I still don't have R3, because I don't see a need for it. Especially since I haven't launched the game in about a month now. If I had it, it would've timed out by now anyway.
nero @ Nov 26 2008, 02:41 PM wrote:

Hmm,thats a load a cr*p.

Nero
MUAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

Let's call this Adamodell syndrome, ok?

Posted: 28 Nov 2008, 07:06
zipperrulez
last time i had r3 was around 2 months ago, and i dont want it back.
its not a miracle program, it just lets you have custom music, and does some sh*t with tracks. its kind of gilded, all nice a pretty on the outside, sounds all great and stuff, but on the inside, its just regular revolt with not as many modifications as you would think. and the only way to get it is to ask rst personally, which also sucks *ss because half the time he isn't there.
but this isnt the rant and rave room, so im getting back on topic.
i have never actually used the _inmm.dll.
if u felt like it, you could make a song list in windows media player and use that.
thats what i do. ;)

and now, for some smileys:
:roflmao: :burnout: :cheers: :beer:

Posted: 28 Nov 2008, 07:09
Adamodell
zipperrulez @ Nov 28 2008, 02:36 AM wrote: last time i had r3 was around 2 months ago, and i dont want it back.
its not a miracle program, it just lets you have custom music, and does some sh*t with tracks. its kind of gilded, all nice a pretty on the outside, sounds all great and stuff, but on the inside, its just regular revolt with not as many modifications as you would think. and the only way to get it is to ask rst personally, which also sucks *ss because half the time he isn't there.
if u felt like it, you could make a song list in windows media player and use that.
thats what i do. ;)

:roflmao: :burnout: :cheers: :beer:
I've used _inmm.dll once. I tried integrating it into Re-Volt Portable but... yeah.

And you took the words right out of my mouth. Shame on you, Mike!

Posted: 28 Nov 2008, 07:10
zipperrulez
indeed, shame on me. :(

Posted: 28 Nov 2008, 23:40
Warhawk
zipperrulez @ Nov 28 2008, 02:36 AM wrote:last time i had r3 was around 2 months ago, and i dont want it back.
thats what i do.&nbsp; ;)

:roflmao:&nbsp; :burnout:&nbsp; :cheers:&nbsp; :beer:
thats what i did since my re-volt doesnt have music. during the loading screen, i press "play" button on my keyboard. when the race starts, the music starts too.
F-Zero GX music pwns

Posted: 29 Nov 2008, 03:28
jaseaka
i used to do that too. but i had to minimized game to start/stop music. but my new keyboard has play button...so i may do that again!

Posted: 29 Nov 2008, 14:11
nero
It's starting to get boring.
The same old track making routines,same old Rvglue use,some old boring...etc.
But,at least can still see the fun in modelling and repainting cars.
Now to Adam:
It's not that i'm sick of it,I'm just getting bored of track making.
I'll rather play on Worms.

Later,

Nero

Posted: 30 Nov 2008, 02:45
Aeon
Well if you get tired of doing the same old thing...quit doing the same old thing. Try making something different, work with a different kind of car, or a different kind of track, or work with other people on some tracks or cars. I've lately started trying to get RiffRaff's POD cars to emulate the performance of the actual POD cars, to the limited extent that Re-Volt can. I've also been working on improving the AI on RiffRaff's tracks and others so that they're more difficult to race against.

At the moment, I come in 1st at Plant XXI about 1/6th of the time, because the cars are more interesting and challenging to drive, and the track AI is harder. I also fixed up POD Super Speedway, which is a 2x lego track, but now it has better custom textures, a sky map, awesome AI and boost arrows! Woo. I lose most of the time there, too.

Or if worst comes to worst and you're really sick of Re-Volt, then go fiddle with something else. You're not required to do Re-Volt stuff 24/7. Just go do something else until the urge to fiddle with Re-Volt comes back, which it usually does or we wouldn't still be around.

Posted: 30 Nov 2008, 03:14
urnemanden
Interresting, Aeon. I would like to see how the boost arrows looks like? Did you make it yourself?

Posted: 30 Nov 2008, 03:21
Aeon
Download my Aspiria track if you want to see boost arrows.

Posted: 03 Dec 2008, 01:57
Huki
i have written a tutorial on how to get the original CD music in v1207 using _inmm.dll and also included a download for _inmm.dll and revolt music tracks..in rst's forum lol

but to have custom mp3 in tracks you need phoenix r3 which is hard to get

Posted: 16 Dec 2008, 20:05
nero
Aeon @ Nov 29 2008, 10:15 PM wrote: Well if you get tired of doing the same old thing...quit doing the same old thing. Try making something different, work with a different kind of car, or a different kind of track, or work with other people on some tracks or cars. I've lately started trying to get RiffRaff's POD cars to emulate the performance of the actual POD cars, to the limited extent that Re-Volt can. I've also been working on improving the AI on RiffRaff's tracks and others so that they're more difficult to race against.

At the moment, I come in 1st at Plant XXI about 1/6th of the time, because the cars are more interesting and challenging to drive, and the track AI is harder. I also fixed up POD Super Speedway, which is a 2x lego track, but now it has better custom textures, a sky map, awesome AI and boost arrows! Woo. I lose most of the time there, too.

Or if worst comes to worst and you're really sick of Re-Volt, then go fiddle with something else. You're not required to do Re-Volt stuff 24/7. Just go do something else until the urge to fiddle with Re-Volt comes back, which it usually does or we wouldn't still be around.
Well,i started playing this game from Sep 2007 till Nov 2007,then from Dec 2007 till Mar
2008,then from end of May 2008 till now.

And i'm glad i could do so much in just a year.
But i'll be gone from track making temporarily,but i'll still be lurking.

Later,

Nero

Posted: 16 Dec 2008, 21:30
urnemanden
Does this mean that Asphalt Rally won't be released? :o

Posted: 17 Dec 2008, 20:03
nero
Come to think of it,i'll finish Asphalt Rally and Transparent Road 2.

Posted: 19 Dec 2008, 21:50
Dave-o-rama
i know i'm late here, but Winamp and Bad Religion FTW!

Posted: 20 Dec 2008, 02:42
Aeon
I used Winamp until I heard about the _inmm thing. The trouble with Winamp is that while running Re-Volt, the game is a higher priority than the music player, so if too much is happening in the game, Winamp may pause periodically to wait for the game to slow down. Having little pauses in your music is REALLY obnoxious. But the _inmm program plays the music with the game, so there's no pauses.

I use Winamp for playing music everywhere else on my computer, but for Re-Volt, _inmm is better.

Posted: 20 Dec 2008, 03:11
Adamodell
Aeon @ Dec 19 2008, 10:12 PM wrote: I used Winamp until I heard about the _inmm thing. The trouble with Winamp is that while running Re-Volt, the game is a higher priority than the music player, so if too much is happening in the game, Winamp may pause periodically to wait for the game to slow down. Having little pauses in your music is REALLY obnoxious. But the _inmm program plays the music with the game, so there's no pauses.

I use Winamp for playing music everywhere else on my computer, but for Re-Volt, _inmm is better.
I guess so. But then again I'm playing FLACs in Foobar and I only get maybe 2 hiccups per hour lol.

Posted: 20 Dec 2008, 15:02
arto
Aeon @ Dec 19 2008, 10:12 PM wrote: I used Winamp until I heard about the _inmm thing. The trouble with Winamp is that while running Re-Volt, the game is a higher priority than the music player,
There is an option in WinAmp to adjust the priority it is run as.