Page 1 of 1
Posted: 30 Oct 2008, 11:58
urnemanden

I was just taking a look at Acclaims website (just to see if someone bought the domain) and now it seems like someone made it into some Free MMORPG!?!?

Posted: 30 Oct 2008, 14:44
nero
No wonder Acclaim did a U-turn down.
Could someone tell me how it got bankrubt?

PS:My 66th post.Enjoy the pain!!!

Posted: 31 Oct 2008, 00:06
jaseaka
cool. that was smart move by the buyers of that domain and that cool logo...except their games are free. but they will have mmorpg fans visiting their site, but also users who may have old games from acclaim will probally view their site...i bet their site views are high.

Posted: 31 Oct 2008, 01:37
revoltkid
yeagh i saw that site about a month ago
i like it
i doubt is it the real acclaim though
but hey
they do got some nice games to dl

Posted: 31 Oct 2008, 05:57
zagames
Since all of you are two years behind... ;) The new website is a new Acclaim. They make free MMORPG's but make money when people buy stuff for the games. Not a very good group, in my opinion. All the games are extremely limited and have practically no single-player abilities. I hope that this new Acclaim goes down like the old one. Or at least changes their ways.

Posted: 31 Oct 2008, 12:21
urnemanden
Well, i hope someone sell's the Acclaim & Re-Volt domain, so the community could buy them and use them for good things instead of just making money :D

Posted: 31 Oct 2008, 16:38
jaseaka
money is good

Posted: 31 Oct 2008, 16:56
SkindupTruk
You know about Throwback? link

Posted: 31 Oct 2008, 18:02
KDL
SkindupTruk @ Oct 31 2008, 12:26 PM wrote: You know about Throwback? link
actually; here is their link:
http://www.throwbackentertainment.com/

those are who bought acclaim games' licenses: now re-volt is not sold for free (not freeware)

Posted: 31 Oct 2008, 19:20
urnemanden
Yea, i know about them. I usually dont like the idea they have about making Re-Volt 2. I just have a really bad feeling about it. What i hope is that they some day sell the license of Re-Volt to someone else that maybe will release new updates such as a better engine, and other things. ;)

Posted: 01 Nov 2008, 06:30
robenue
very very veyr very old news.. it's been up for ages lately. They have just been making online games. EA bought them out really. don't expect them to make any new games on consoles.

Posted: 01 Nov 2008, 19:29
urnemanden
aaah, well i didnt know this.:) last time i checked Acclaim.com it didnt exist.

Posted: 02 Nov 2008, 00:26
Adamodell
urnemanden @ Nov 1 2008, 02:59 PM wrote: aaah, well i didnt know this.:) last time i checked Acclaim.com it didnt exist.
They must've acquired the www.acclaim.com domain recently.
That's all I can say.

oh... did I just... I did... I posted... my God...

Posted: 06 Nov 2008, 18:08
Huki
robenue @ Nov 1 2008, 02:00 AM wrote:very very veyr very old news..
i saw the acclaim.com site 2 an year or 2 ago...that is just activision's branch, making rpg games...the acclaim which went bankrupt is acclaim.NET...this is just another company lol
KDL @ Oct 31 2008, 01:32 PM wrote: now re-volt is not sold for free (not freeware)
Throwback is making revolt 2, so they say..there has been no screenshots, or any news about it..but they are not selling this revolt in stores, till they say something about this re-volt 1, it is freeware and abandoneware

Posted: 06 Nov 2008, 22:52
J0nN0
9Dragons, i downloaded that a while back, its sux :lol:

Posted: 08 Nov 2008, 18:58
Huki
bots is better..and dance is very good