Page 1 of 1
Posted: 27 Oct 2008, 04:04
Adamodell
I'm just sick of doing what I do, as anyone should be when they've been going at it for a year. I don't know how TheMeandMe lasted so long... their persistence is much appreciated.

At least they actually wrote a tutorial before they stopped releasing, I'm just too darn lazy to do anything like that. All I can say, is that if you're curious about something car related in Re-Volt I probably know the answer. If not, only a select few would. (Yes, I know I wrote that GT2 tut, but it wasn't any good.)

So, please ask. I would like to help all of you that need help, because I simply don't have a life and helping people makes me feel good about myself.

I've figured out a couple conversion tricks over the months, and I have also converted from games that were undocumented, and I've never wrote a full tutorial or anything for those. I can possibly help explain the methods to get cars from such games as TD6, GT2, and maybe Grand Theft Auto games into Re-Volt. Some of these are really difficult and nuanced tasks, and would be really hard to explain in a tut.

As many times I said I was done, this time I am dead serious. If I release anything it will probably be a cooperative job with someone else (MOH is still welcome to my help).

So, if you really want to do what I did for a year, I can help you get started. I'm on MSN so much that it would scare you, so you can do that.

I'm not giving up for the reasons Robenue has, I'm giving up because I am bored of what I have done. People tell me to work on track making but I've had a bad taste in my mouth from anything track related.

So guys, have fun, I'll give you a cold one for your time. :beer:

Contact me:

MSN: metallicafan128@gmail.com
E-mail: metallicafan128@gmail.com
Personal messages on RRR, ORP, and Re-Volt Forum
IRC: irc.austnet.org, channel #ReVolt-Chat
Guestbook

Basically there is no way you can miss me.

Posted: 27 Oct 2008, 04:12
zipperrulez
well, if this is what u want to do, then go ahead. its still a loss to the community though.

Posted: 27 Oct 2008, 04:17
Adamodell
zipperrulez @ Oct 26 2008, 11:42 PM wrote: well, if this is what  u want to do, then go ahead. its still a loss to the community though.
Of course it is, I will agree. But, anyone can do what I did. They just need to understand how to do it. And also, I've complained about being underrated, but I swear I am dreadfully overrated.

But I won't just disappear like *they* did, I'm still gonna be active in the community in other ways.

Also, I never signed a contract that forces me to release stuff... or maybe I did and I was drunk on this pub's lager when I signed it. :rolleyes:

Posted: 27 Oct 2008, 04:41
AGT
I know how you feel Adam, same thing happened to me. Just got burned out with RV, life moves forward, other things to do and experience. I have started many projects with RV after I helped MM with Interweave Highway few years ago, but never finished them, mainly b/c its just that I got burned out. Trust me, I have more ideas for tracks than one could shake a stick at :idea-bulb: Look at me, I haven't publicly released a damn thing since Interweave Highway, but still lurk in the shadows for those who need some help with tracks. Admittedly, its the dark dark shadows :ph43r: of #Revolt-Chat ;) Heck, if someone asks, I may even help with a track or 2.

But Adam, dont you leave IRC, its already quiet in there :o

Posted: 27 Oct 2008, 04:46
Adamodell
AGT @ Oct 27 2008, 12:11 AM wrote: I know how you feel Adam, same thing happened to me. Just got burned out with RV, life moves forward, other things to do and experience. I have started many projects with RV after I helped MM with Interweave Highway few years ago, but never finished them, mainly b/c its just that I got burned out. Trust me, I have more ideas for tracks than one could shake a stick at :idea-bulb: Look at me, I haven't publicly released a damn thing since Interweave Highway, but still lurk in the shadows for those who need some help with tracks. Admittedly, its the dark dark shadows :ph43r: of #Revolt-Chat ;) Heck, if someone asks, I may even help with a track or 2.

But Adam, dont you leave IRC, its already quiet in there :o
Yeah, I was out for a bit because I was using ChatZilla and didn't feel like having that window open. Now, I'm using ViRC again and I stay on around the clock like most of you do. Don't worry, nothing wrong with the channel that'd make me leave, anywho.

Posted: 27 Oct 2008, 07:51
Aeon
As I've said before, don't burn your bridges. If you're sick of Re-Volt, then stop fiddling with Re-Volt. You don't need to make a public announcement, just stop and do something else. Chances are you'll have an urge to do something with Re-Volt somewhere down the line, even if you can't stand it anymore right now.

Posted: 27 Oct 2008, 08:04
Adamodell
Aeon @ Oct 27 2008, 03:21 AM wrote: As I've said before, don't burn your bridges. If you're sick of Re-Volt, then stop fiddling with Re-Volt. You don't need to make a public announcement, just stop and do something else. Chances are you'll have an urge to do something with Re-Volt somewhere down the line, even if you can't stand it anymore right now.
That's exactly what I was gonna do. In fact I actually gave up shortly after the release of the Zexel. I was just bored so I thought I'd announce it.

And, if in the next few days I feel that I made a mistake in this announcement, I will force myself to not do anything, simply because I have made a fool of myself one too many times, giving up, coming back, giving up, coming back.... I need to stick to my word. Which is now "giving up". I have burnt the bridge with a bundle of C4, thank you.

Posted: 27 Oct 2008, 12:56
Aeon
Well, that was dumb, but okay, whatever.

Posted: 27 Oct 2008, 14:12
TheMeandMe
Aeon @ Oct 27 2008, 09:26 AM wrote: Well, that was dumb, but okay, whatever.
exactly. :P

you might have noticed that we never burned any bridges, because there is no absolute to "i wont release anything".

there is still unfinished business in our re-volt folders and if we ever find the time to go ahead and finish it it will be finished.

i seriously doubt you dont want to continue to re-volt.

good luck either way and see you around.

Posted: 27 Oct 2008, 16:44
Adamodell
TheMeandMe @ Oct 27 2008, 09:42 AM wrote:
exactly. :P

you might have noticed that we never burned any bridges, because there is no absolute to "i wont release anything".

there is still unfinished business in our re-volt folders and if we ever find the time to go ahead and finish it it will be finished.

i seriously doubt you dont want to continue to re-volt.

good luck either way and see you around.
Eh, maybe in a year. And thanks. Well, I'll probably still play it a while from now. I just really need to do other things, I have so many video games upstairs and yet I'm always on the computer, wasting away all that money up there.

*rebuilds the bridge and runs away like a little prepubescent schoolgirl*
Post of the year.

Posted: 28 Oct 2008, 05:03
Overmadmax
TBH adam, i'm feeling the same way as you are about this. I fully understand where you're coming from and it's ok to break loose from the community limiting yourself to helping some people with tracks and all. Its the direction you now wish to take and thats fine. I too am starting to feel a little exausted from revolt after (OMG 9 YEARZ) from when i was 6-7 (16 now) and i'm mainly just finding myself spending time talking to my close friends from the community (Jase and Chris, you may not know chris, but you know where i'm coming from). It's pretty much all i need from the revolt community i really must admit.

So yeah, i feel the community isn't as lively as it used to be i must admit, but surprisingly i only joined online from early 06 yet revolt still was pretty popular. Now i feel its more bland than ever to the point i'm even starting to feel bored of the whole thing. I didn't race for a couple months!

So adam, like others say, you breaking loose from the revolt arena is indeed a loss, but thats the consequence every game follows several years after release. A cult following forms a few years after release for some games, even that dies off several years after that formation. It's only natural and now it's coming to that point for revolt.

So yeah, good luck. ;)

Posted: 28 Oct 2008, 13:08
nero
I'm starting to lose the spark too...but not yet.
Maybe it's just school or do you have to vote?
I'm not done with track making yet,not even close!

Posted: 28 Oct 2008, 13:15
nero
Aeon @ Oct 27 2008, 03:21 AM wrote: As I've said before, don't burn your bridges. If you're sick of Re-Volt, then stop fiddling with Re-Volt. You don't need to make a public announcement, just stop and do something else. Chances are you'll have an urge to do something with Re-Volt somewhere down the line, even if you can't stand it anymore right now.
If he would'nt,he would be pruned sooner or later...that's why i'm here...not to be pruned...i hope you understand.

Now,to the point...

We all are losing the spark now,since most the active members are a veteran in something and are bord,sick and tired of doing the same thing all over again.
I would'nt say to through away the sticks too soon,cause next summer is gonna be the 10th year anniversary of Re-Volt!

Posted: 28 Oct 2008, 23:50
KDL
it's true, we need a good engine for re-volt

Posted: 29 Oct 2008, 03:32
Cat
KDL @ Oct 28 2008, 03:20 PM wrote: we need a good engine for re-volt
Somebody should improve it. For example: Gear shifts (like real life R/C's), different sounds for each car, etc.

Posted: 29 Oct 2008, 03:39
Adamodell
Cat @ Oct 28 2008, 11:02 PM wrote:
KDL @ Oct 28 2008, 03:20 PM wrote: we need a good engine for re-volt
Somebody should improve it. For example: Gear shifts (like real life R/C's), different sounds for each car, etc.
I have nothing against this game engine, in fact, it's one of my favorites.
I'm just sick of it.
A better game engine won't make me come back. Oh, if Re-Volt 2 is moddable I will come back and do work for that game as well.

Posted: 29 Oct 2008, 03:50
Manmountain
BOO HOO! boo hoo....

GEEZ!!... just go already, what's your problem ?

I get really sick of these types of threads, if your going... GO! if not, then stop whinging.

Posted: 29 Oct 2008, 04:15
zipperrulez
who says he is whining?
he is just expressing his feelings.
jeez, leave him alone

Posted: 29 Oct 2008, 04:34
Manmountain
I said whinging, not whining. :rolleyes:

Leave him alone ? :banghead: :rant:
I'm not the one who insists he keeps posting, even though he want's very little to do with ReVolt right now.

If he's off, then good bye, if not then stop it with the 'DOOM & GLOOM' manuscripts.

Posted: 29 Oct 2008, 04:37
zipperrulez
Manmountain @ Oct 29 2008, 12:04 AM wrote: I said whinging, not whining. :rolleyes:
means the same thing though. close enough

Posted: 29 Oct 2008, 04:57
Adamodell
Manmountain @ Oct 29 2008, 12:04 AM wrote: I said whinging, not whining. :rolleyes:

Leave him alone ? :banghead:  :rant:
I'm not the one who insists he keeps posting, even though he want's very little to do with ReVolt right now.

If he's off, then good bye, if not then stop it with the 'DOOM & GLOOM' manuscripts.
This sure isn't the diatribe that you are making it out to be. I keep posting because people are giving me stuff to answer or speak my opinions of, isn't that how a forum is supposed to work?

I'm really not seeing any doom & gloom in this whole affair, really. The closest thing to those words would be the whole "C4" comment I made above. And that was actually a joke.

What left the biggest impression on me... was the fact that all these comments were made in such a timely fashion. And all of them made me a little bit happier, and TheMeandMe's comment was very... true. I'm jumping the gun a bit. Everyone had something good to say, and no one called me an "attention whore", and no one reacted negatively to this post, except you.*

I said I was done releasing stuff for Re-Volt, I did not say I was done with this forum. This thread has ran its course and the message I wanted out there is now out. Now, I will not reply unless someone specifically asks for me, then we can all be happy.

*Don't misread that, I'm not saying that you called me an "attention whore".

-----------------
Nah, I changed my mind, this will be my last post in this thread, everyone got the point, please... I request a lock. Do as you wish.