Page 1 of 1
Posted: 26 Sep 2008, 07:43
Cat
1) Midtown Madness 2 traffic cars can be converted? if yes, where i can get DeAR2? (OK)
2) How to match all the separated vertices from a Test Drive 6 mesh?
3)

(tried with LithUnwrap, but is hard to do cuz the right side interfers with the left)
4)Mesh before and after Zmodeler export. see rightly (not to the changes in the paintjob): (OK)

Posted: 26 Sep 2008, 07:48
Adamodell
Cat @ Sep 26 2008, 03:13 AM wrote: 1) Midtown Madness 2 traffic cars can be converted? if yes, where i can get DeAR2?
2) How to match all the separated vertices from a Test Drive 6 mesh?
3)

4)Mesh before and after Zmodeler export. see rightly (not to the changes in the paintjob):
lol...

1) Probably yes, maybe Robenue knows.
2) No clue
3) No clue
4) ZModeler don't support the shading section of the PRM format. Or maybe running it through RVShade removes the vertex shading. I don't think you can get around that, unless you do the shading through the texturing.

Posted: 27 Sep 2008, 04:45
Aeon
Yeah, to my knowledge the default RV cars have shaded models but there's no way to create shading like that with custom cars. If there is, I'd like to know about it, because I'd much rather have cars shaded by light than by texture.

Posted: 27 Sep 2008, 06:14
Adamodell
Aeon @ Sep 27 2008, 12:15 AM wrote: Yeah, to my knowledge the default RV cars have shaded models but there's no way to create shading like that with custom cars. If there is, I'd like to know about it, because I'd much rather have cars shaded by light than by texture.
Vertex shading can be done with 3ds Max and ase2prm, so you could technically recreate it, but it wouldn't be completely accurate. Also the shading is probably lost on import in ZModeler, so you'd have to re-do it yourself!

Posted: 27 Sep 2008, 06:29
Manmountain
To be honest, I don't like all shading, it makes the cars too dark in certain parts.

Posted: 27 Sep 2008, 15:00
robenue
Hi, good to see more other things made...

deAR2 can be downloaded from the best community ever..

http://mm2x.com search under tools and you should find it.. any trouble just PM me =]

Posted: 27 Sep 2008, 18:05
robenue
Also, you will have to remap MM2 Traffic cars. Reason being the game engine has coloured the cars.. there are no skins for the cars. Maybe for the wheels only that's at least it.

Posted: 27 Sep 2008, 21:01
Manmountain
robenue @ Sep 27 2008, 10:30 AM wrote:Hi, good to see more other things made...

deAR2 can be downloaded from the best community ever..

http://mm2x.com search under tools and you should find it.. any trouble just PM me =]
You are already in the BEST community, for a game that's 10 years old it ain't too bad, trust me. ;)

Posted: 29 Sep 2008, 07:08
revolt_randy
I'm a bit confused about #3, you show a left and a right side to a volken, on the right side everything is nice, on the left side, everything is nice except the word 'cat' which is backwards, yet the circle you made is around the 'volken'. So do you want to mirror the word 'volken' or the backwards 'cat'?

I'm working on something in zmodeler that has parts that are not symmetrical. After I modeled and mapped all the symmetrical parts, I started with the asymmetrical parts. These parts I want too have the same appearence from the left or right side. So I mapped the top first. Then I mapped one side. When I mapped the other side, after the part was in the uvmapper window, I mirrored it there. So both the left and right side share the same mapping, even though the shape of the polygons are slightly different. And you can even reshape the polygons by moving their vertices in the uvmapper window.

Yet, I am still confused as to how the word 'volken' is right on both sides, but the word 'cat' is backwards on one side. Perhaps the best way to fix that, if that is what you are trying to fix, would be to cut the model in half, map it, then make a duplicate half, mirror, and join the two halves.... I dunno, but thought I would offer some ideas for you. If you figure it out, please let me know!

Posted: 29 Sep 2008, 23:51
Cat
i want the left VOLKEN mapping mirrored cuz i have problems with tears, flames, stripes and other vinyls. Draw hot rod look flames on the sides, see the car's both sides in Re-Volt and you will see what is the problem.